Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do upgrades work
usmaak
Novice

This is something that I have always been confused about.  I have had my Note 8 for two years and three months.  It is definitely eligible for an upgrade.  When do phones become eligible for upgrades?  It used to be that there were two year contracts and that you became eligible after the contract was done.  So now that there are no contracts, now does it work?  Do lines become eligible for upgrade after a phone is paid off?  If I were to get a Note 10+ right now on one of the deals that Best Buy currently has, would I be able to pay it off and get a deal and trade in the Note 10+ when the Note 11 comes out?

0 Likes
Re: How do upgrades work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question, usmaak. We always want to make sure that you're familiar with the upgrade process, and we'd be glad to clear up your concerns. If you're on a device payment plan, you will become upgrade eligible after paying off your device completely. Depending on your device, you may be eligible for the Annual Upgrade Program. This program would allow you to pay off 50% of your device agreement before upgrading to a new phone and returning your current device in good working and physical condition. To learn more about the Annual Upgrade Program follow this link, please: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/

You can also purchase a new device and pay it off. If the payoff is processed within 14 days of the purchase, it will have to be completed in a retail location. Past the 14 days, the payoff can be completed via My Verizon online, the My Verizon app, or through Customer Service. To learn more about the payoff process, please click here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216889/

Let us know if this helps, please.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
usmaak
Novice

So what you're saying is yes, if I were to buy a Note 10+ now and had it all paid off in time, I would be eligible to upgrade to the Note 11 when it comes out and that I would be able to trade the Note 10+ in.  Is that correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is correct, usmaak. If your device is completely paid off by the time the Note 11 is released, you would be able to trade in your phone. Please let us know if this clears up your concerns. 

LauraF_VZW

usmaak
Novice

Thank you!

0 Likes