Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How much data will we use with the broadband fusion plan?
psonicspot

Hello,

I have been using the Mobile Broadband service in my home for six years because i live in a rural area and it's the cheapest, best solution i've found to get internet service here.  We live in a rural area, but the Verizon 4G signal is pretty good here. We have no access to cable, DSL, etc.  The only other option is satellite and that's out of the question as far as price and amount of data use allowed (plus, you don't hear much good about it).  Our problem is: we're now exceeding out monthly limit, which is 10GB.  We seem to average around 13-14GB a month, and that's at $10.00 a GB overage. Our average bill now is $120.00 a month. I know that Verizon now has the Broadband Fusion plan, but after searching and reading on it, i've found that a lot of customers are complaining about huge overage data usage amounts because it is always "on", even when you're not actually using it. Is this still a problem? I wouldn't mind staying on the Mobile Broadband (and continue using our USB modem) plan if Verizon would offer the same 20GB for $90.00 as the Fusion plan, but i can't find any information on that. I think we could get by on 20GB a month for now.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Marion

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Mobile Broadband questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm glad you're enjoying your Mobile Broadband, psonicspot. The way data is ued on Mobile Broadband and HomeFusion are the same. So if you average 13-14 GB, that should stay the same. While the device does stay turned on, you'll need to make sure that you have a password setup to prevent unauthorized use, and turn off any devices that might automatically connect, especially PCs that may run updates automatically.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broadband questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm glad you're enjoying your Mobile Broadband, psonicspot. The way data is ued on Mobile Broadband and HomeFusion are the same. So if you average 13-14 GB, that should stay the same. While the device does stay turned on, you'll need to make sure that you have a password setup to prevent unauthorized use, and turn off any devices that might automatically connect, especially PCs that may run updates automatically.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes