Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I am hearing some not-so-good things about Verizon.
coneliak1

I am hearing some not-so-good things about Verizon.  Why aren't I hearing about the new pricing from you?  If I have to pay more than I am now, I will switch providers in December when my contract is up.  I have put my phone as a priority and food on the back burner!!!!!!!!!  Let's hear it from the horse's mouth!!!!

0 Likes
Re: I am hearing some not-so-good things about Verizon.
bearone21
Leader

what is it you're whining about or are you just whining?

0 Likes
coneliak1

I want information...from Verizon...do you work for them?  I also want to hear from other people about their opinions/questions on the subject...I watch Robyn Meade in the morning and on that news program, they were talking about AT&T and Verizon increasing their charges for data...T-Mobil and Sprint won't be doing that.  They were just warning us...their info is pretty reliable.  I just want to hear it from the horse's mouth and know the truth about what is coming up.  I have found that I have to check on things and double check, so I don't get "half" the info I need to make a good decision.  I am not wealthy, and need to protect my priorities.  I have been satisfied with Verizon service so far...just don't want any surprises.  My contract is due to expire in Dec. so I need to make a decision about what service to use.  I tried using the "chat" this morning and didn't get an answer, just a "link", so I am using all the avenues I can think of to

get the info I need.

0 Likes
CharmingPhlsphr

Yeah, they were partially right. The changes to the data are being made to make it a bit more profitable, but they are making additional changes like throwing in unlimited talking and texting. Now, though, the data may start out as being a bit more expensive by comparison in certain ways, there does appear to be a greater opportunity to add additional amounts without really breaking the bank. For me, this does not seem to be an appropriate option because I use between 20-40GB/month, but I have heard that there are many customers who are saving anywhere from $10-$100+/month based on changing to the new plan structure. I guess it all depends on your usage and how many lines you have.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

The problem is... People are using mobile internet as a direct replacement to landline services.  Due to the increase of usage, and more maintenance is required in order to accommodate. T-Mobile and Sprint will eventually go to this model if they have enough customers.  They say "They won't right now", but they will in the future. 

Currently I am on the new plan which saves my family at least $20(those that were on individual lines) $100ish(me and my family lines).  All lines have text messages now(instead of $30 for 5 lines, and individual lines a few had $20 unlimited).  I know my families data usage, and combined some of my other family members into the plan and it works out for us greatly.

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van

Tidbits wrote:

Currently I am on the new plan which saves my family at least $20(those that were on individual lines) $100ish(me and my family lines).

Can you enlighten us on those numbers?  Particularly the $100 savings on the family plan? That big of a difference seems unlikely to me, as most are paying about the same or just slightly less ($20+/-), and many are paying more.  Of course I could be wrong, and everyone's situation is different, so I would like to see the actual comparison numbers, on both your individual plan savings (at least $20) as well as the family plan ($100ish).

0 Likes
21stNow

Verizon Wireless posted this information on their web page about three months ago.  You don't have to change to the Share Everything plan if you don't want to.  The only change that would come with a subsidized upgrade is you would lose the unlimited data plan if you had it, and have to choose a tiered data plan or the Share Everything plan.  If you wanted to keep the unlimited data plan, you would have to pay full price for the device or buy it from the secondary market.

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I broke it down in another thread.  Let me see if I can find it.  It's all based on the data usage.  Between all 10 lines it's less than 4GB of usage TOTAL between them on any given month for the past year.  If I really wanted to I could use a lot more data, but I always have WiFi at work, and home.  The individual lines were paying for unlimited everything which was $120ish before fees and taxes.  My family plan I pay close to $120 just for unlimited data, $30 for text, and the 2,000 minute plan.

So we broke it down and talked it over, and we agreed on a set price everyone would pay.  I end up saving $100 as I am the one taking the larger risk.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

no, just been with 'em back to gte days & the star tac.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

with 3 phones, 2 unlimited droid's, share was under $10 savings.

0 Likes