Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
If I upgrade my palm pre will I lose my mobile hotspot plan?
cirks_covertone

Hello everyone. I am due for an upgrade and currently have the palm pre I purchased when they were offering the mobile hotspot for no additional cost. Now that I am looking to upgrade I am trying to determine if when I purchase a new phone (4g) then will my mobile hotspot continue to be included in my plan of if I will begin being charged at the current rate? I have been told different answers depending on which "customer service" rep I speak to and what the store sales associate says. This is a major factor in my decision to upgrade and stay with verizon or explore other options. Thank you for your input/answers and help.

0 Likes
Re: If I upgrade my palm pre will I lose my mobile hotspot plan?
commonsense101

Yup you will lose it. That feature was offered by palm to help sell devices. No other phone has free hotspot

If you have unlimited data than on 4g it would be $30 for unlimited hotspot, on 3g it would be $20/2gigs of data for hotspot

0 Likes
Re: If I upgrade my palm pre will I lose my mobile hotspot plan?
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

commonsense101 is correct. the palms were the ONLY device to have free hotspot or tethering. anything you upgrade to, will require an additional hotspot plan.

0 Likes