Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In a family plan w/ unlimited data... Can I still AOL?
LuphErnicoca

Following the recent shared family plan announcement, I've found a number of posts relating to users with unlimited data, but no recent posts regarding my specific issue.  I was hoping somebody could provide some help.

My phone is one line in an unlimited family plan.  I have a grandfathered data plan with unlimited data and unlimited mobile hotspot.  Switching to the shared family plan would benefit every line in the family except for mine.  I would like to see if it's possible to separate my line from the current family plan and keep my existing data services.

I found the following discussion on these forums:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/587630

The thread above seems to indicate that, yes, I could perform an "Assumption of Liability" on my current line, which would separate it from the family plan and preserve the existing service structure.  That discussion ended a year ago, though, and Verizon has had many opportunities to change their stance.

Is this still possible, or will I have to revise my services no matter what?

Thank you

Sorry for posting this a second time.  I didn't notice the option to mark something as a question.  I've deleted my original post.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: In a family plan w/ unlimited data... Can I still AOL?
LuphErnicoca

After visiting a local Verizon store yesterday, I learned that this is still possible.

The sales representative mentioned that there's a chance that the data plan will not transfer over once the AOL is finalized.  If that happens, I have 30 days to call Verizon to have the situation corrected.  Seems really ridiculous that a multi-billion dollar company can make an account change in their system, and it only MIGHT work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LuphErnicoca

After visiting a local Verizon store yesterday, I learned that this is still possible.

The sales representative mentioned that there's a chance that the data plan will not transfer over once the AOL is finalized.  If that happens, I have 30 days to call Verizon to have the situation corrected.  Seems really ridiculous that a multi-billion dollar company can make an account change in their system, and it only MIGHT work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The unlimited data plan will transfer through an AOL if you complete the process before June 28th. After that date, I don't know if Verizon Wireless will allow such a transfer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes