Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Internet overage charges
bellasnana

I am a single woman in my early 40's.  All of my kids are out of the house.  I work full time and go to school full time.  I am hardly ever home, and do not use my wifi that much.  For the past 4 months, I have been charged a ridiculous amount of overage charges.  I have called customer service several times and have basically been told I am using TWICE the amount of data than is in my plan.  I even increased my plan thinking it would help.  Well, I am still being charged double.  My plan allows me 30GB, I was billed for 62GB!!! There is no way I alone use that much data! I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if it could be my actual equipment malfunctioning.  My overage charges were over $300 just last month!!!

0 Likes
Re: Internet overage charges
Not applicable

As long as you have the mi-fi on then you could possibly be using data even when not at home. No malfunction is going to cause extra data to appear. My PC uses data when I not using it. And I have cable internet through Charter.

What devices do you have connected? If you use a PC which OS are you using?

0 Likes