Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is There ANYONE from Verizon that can help a frustrated loyal customer?
mickeybr

We have been Verizon customers for decades and I cannot believe that I cannot find the right person to solve the problem I have. I know part of its my fault, but now I'm stuck and the only recourse I think I have that may make some progress is to threaten to change to another company. But I don't want to change to another company I just want to update my aging senile phone without paying $400.

I have an old Droid Incredible 2 that is physically and logically falling apart and its not due for an upgrade until March of 2015. Or I can wait until June of this year and swap upgrades with the 2nd phone on the plan. The reason is that we had a hard time findiong a non-smart phone upgrade for my wife that would work well so we went through 2 upgrades to get the right phone for her.

Now my options are:

• to pay $400 retail for the phone I want (a MotoXZ with 32GB)
  • to pay $20-30 a month using the edge program (that equates to about $300 a year so I can upgrade more often when I don't upgrade phones any more than 2 or more years.
  • to get a same replacement of my Droid Incredible 2 phone through the protection plan

All the while I see that I can design my own MotoX and pay 1 penny with a 2 year contract IF I was eligible for an upgrade. These contracts are ridiculous!

Why can't I just sign up for a 3 year contract and get this deal? I want to stay with Verizon, but I can't believe that no one can waive the upgrade eligibility this once. I've talked on the phone, I've chatted to reps online. Ive gone to a Verizon store and NO ONE can help me.

This is a $399.99 difference!!

Its very disappointing how Verizon treats its loyal customers.

0 Likes
Re: Is There ANYONE from Verizon that can help a frustrated loyal customer?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mickeybr,

We definitely appreciate your loyalty. We want you to have a fully functional device. I would love to review all your options of getting you a new device. Please follow and private message me so I can review your account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

And what happens when the new phone dies a year into your contract? Do you now what a 4 year contract? See the issue.

mickeybr

@budone I would get the warranty replacement insurance (as I now have for my existing phone that I've had for 4 years). The Verizon phone contracting does not make a lot of sense to me as I've been a customer for decades, don't want to leave, and spend my fair share of money for the plan and devices that are on it now. If its the right phone (like the one I currently had was right for me 4 years ago) I would have no problems keeping it. The reason we are in this predicament is because it was difficult finding a decent non-smart phone for my wife that has a keyboard for texting (the Verizon options were quite limiting). So we blew through 2 upgrade swaps just for that. She finally has one that works decent. She would have stuck with her old phone too had it not physically broken. We almost bought the same one she had (an LG3 Env) from Ebay, but now she has a LG Extravert.

0 Likes
ynggrsshppr91

So let me get this straight....YOU used an extra upgrade trying to find the right basic phone for your wife? And now you want a "Get out of Contract Free" card because she used your upgrade?

Why didn't you use the 14 day return policy to begin with? What happened to the phone you used the first upgrade for? Why should Verizon let you out of a binding 2 year contract for something you did on your own?

0 Likes
mickeybr

If you read the 1st post through. I already said that it was my fault. We were traveling when we got the new phone and did not get it turned in on time by the time she got to use it well.

Why should Verizon let me out of a binding 2 year contract to upgrade my phone? Because I've been a loyal customer since 2000. Kind of hard to explain to people of today that word..... loyalty. Plus after hearing that 2 of my other friends got waived for their upgrade simply because they mentioned it to a sale associate at AT&T and Sprint.... they got it without groveling.

0 Likes