Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is This Porting Scenario Possible?
eja185

I saw the other post that was similar to this, and it didn't answer my question.

I was wondering if it is possible to port out my main line's phone number to Ring Central (since I use my main FS line as my main business line), and have Verizon reassign me a new number (for my main line on the FS account) without getting charged a ETF?

Can the porting department make a note on the account so once the main number is ported, it will be replaced with a new number? That way I will not be charged an ETF since I still want to continue my service (just split my business number into a new service to separate it from my personal FS plan).

If it is possible, how would I go about doing this? I would have to port out the main line's number to Ring Central first since it takes up to 10 business days to complete the porting process to Ring Central.

Are there any fees involved in this?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

0 Likes
Re: Is This Porting Scenario Possible?
eja185

I have one more quick question.

Would porting out the main line's number and replacing with a new number make me lose my current discount? My current plan is the Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Disc with unlimited data on all four of my lines, and I do not want to lose this special plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I doubt if this would be possible how you would like to do it.

With that said, you can port out your number and pay the ETF. If you come back to Verizon and start a new number within a (I believe)90 day period you will get your ETF refunded to you and will have the same contract end date with any time added from when you were not with Verizon. Since you are planning to start with Verizon immediately, your contract end date will basically be the same. I am unsure how soon you will actually receive any refund for the ETF.

I think that this is what will happen, as I have not done it before and do not know for sure.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello eja185,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us in the community forums on this issue. We are making a change in our billing system to meet the needs of our customers with this EXACT concern! We are currently migrating to a bill format called account level pricing (ALP). ALP is when the account is bill for the minutes and each line on the Family Share Plan is bill individually for access to the minutes. Now I know what you are thinking! What does that mean to ME? It means that there is NOT a primary line anymore and you can move lines as you see fit. In addition to that, access to the minutes will be distributed evenly amongst the mobile numbers, thus making it easy to identify who's responsible for any overages that may occur. 

You mentioned in your posting that you want to keep your main line separate from your personal line for business purposes. We have a great option that can accommodate this type of request. I can transfer your primary line into a sub-account under your name that will be bill out completely separate from your current account. This way you will have two separate bills and won't incur an early termination fee if your agreement hasn't been fulfilled. Many people take advantage of this option for accounting purposes with their company and/or for tax purposes. If you are interested in this option then feel free to send me a private message with your full name & mobile number. We can discuss this option in further details for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Not applicable
Is this new ALP optional? My wife and I currently share 700 minutes. Under the new ALP, are you going to charge me overages if she or I exceed 350 minutes? If so, I'm going to cancel all of my Verizon accounts. This would be total bull**bleep** and another money grab by Verizon.
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ,

I'm glad you shared your concern and I appreciate the quick response. The total minutes, 700, will not be divided evenly amongst the lines but will be assess on a 1st come 1st served basis. Currently, the primary line gets to use the minutes first and then the secondary line. If there were any overages on the bill then they would be under the secondary line that talked the least, which is not fair.

Under the ALP, there is not a primary line. The minutes are accessed and used as each line make and receive calls. When the account reaches over 700 minutes used, regardless of who is the biggest talker, the overages will be documented under the number that is still using minutes. That way the lowest talker won't look like the BAD GUY if there is any minute overages. I hope this clarifies your concern...

0 Likes
Not applicable
I guess I still don't totally understand, but at least you have alleviated my concern. I would think that in most cases, it doesn't matter which family member uses how many minutes, the account owner has to pay the bill regardless. It is easy enough to look at your bill and see how many minutes each number used.
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

jimfitzgerald wrote:
I guess I still don't totally understand, but at least you have alleviated my concern. I would think that in most cases, it doesn't matter which family member uses how many minutes, the account owner has to pay the bill regardless. It is easy enough to look at your bill and see how many minutes each number used.

But if you are submitting a bill to your company for a line subsidized by your business/employer, it puts all of the charges for that line all on one sheet for submission to be reimbursed.

0 Likes