Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is it possible to download voicemail messages?
mywls

Is it possible to download voicemail messages?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Is it possible to download voicemail messages?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Try this:  Professional Voice Mail Greetings, Voice Mail Recordings:CBW Productions

If you use Visual Voicemail (paid service from Verizon) or Google Voicemail (free), or You Mail (free) your voicemail messages are provided in a downloadable mp3 file.  If you aren't already using one of these services or something similar, CBW or other recording options are all you can do for voicemail already received.

From this point forward, using one of the alternative voicemail options will give you files of all future voicemails.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It depends on what you are using as your voicemail client.

With Verizon's stock voicemail, the answer is no.

There are free services, such as Google Voice and YouMail which will allow you to do so.

Google Voice works on basic AND smartphones. I believe you need a smartphone for YouMail.

If you have an iPhone, you may be able to do so with Apple's Visual Voice Mail.

AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

it is also possible that there's an app that could record it when you play the message, and store it.

0 Likes
mywls

Thanks rcschnoor and AZSALUKI. Yeah, I'm using Verizon voicemail and I just want to archive (on my computer) a select number of voice messages. I'll look into those services, and also try recording from my phone if necessary.

Sure wish Verizon would provide the capability though--it seems it would be easy enough to do and would benefit many with similar desires.

Again, thanks.

AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i believe they offer visual voice mail (for a fee), where you would get a text of the message. you could then use one of many sms backup apps to back up the text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to save some of your voicemails mywls and we have an option to save them. Hee is a link to a few different options http://vz.to/1iBemzh . Please let us know if this information helps and if you have any further questions.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Svisok

The link   http://vz.to/1iBemzh  links to instructions on Clearing temporary Internet files from the browser.  Please post correct link.

jgilmore8

Windows has a default Sound Recorder program.  Use it on a computer with a microphone, play the voicemail on speakerphone.  Save the file.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Try this:  Professional Voice Mail Greetings, Voice Mail Recordings:CBW Productions

If you use Visual Voicemail (paid service from Verizon) or Google Voicemail (free), or You Mail (free) your voicemail messages are provided in a downloadable mp3 file.  If you aren't already using one of these services or something similar, CBW or other recording options are all you can do for voicemail already received.

From this point forward, using one of the alternative voicemail options will give you files of all future voicemails.

0 Likes
dpoloner

The easiest and cheapest method is http://www.VoicemailsForever.com - They allow you to record your existing Verizon Voicemails as mp3 / CD.

0 Likes