Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is it possible to transfer services?
Gerrygwilliams

Do contract dates, etc remain the same?

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to transfer services?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Transfer services...from one device to another?  From one plan to another?  From one carrier to another?  A few more details would help us give you an answer that makes sense for you!

Gerrygwilliams

we have a family plan contract with a broadband, since I manage and pay for the account we'd like it transferred to my name with the existing account name assigned as an account manager. Will we keep the same rates and maintain our reward points?

I'm currently listed as an account manager, if we can add a second name to the account owner that would work also.

Thanks!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Either call CS or go into a store and ask to do an Assumption of Liability.

Whether or not you will be able to keep your same rates they should be able to tell  you. If the current owner is receiving any employer discounts, you will no longer get those unless you work for the same company and you re-apply after taking over the account.

It is doubtful you will keep your reward points.

Gerrygwilliams

Based on your info, not clear why you would have a "TOS" department. You're not giving us much incentive to stay with VZW after all these years. But, thanks for the info.

Ironic, staff in your Verizon stores work hard to get/keep customers only to have us get blown off when a family member develops Alzheimers and can no longer assume some responsibilities.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Not sure what you mean by your last post???

"TOS" department for this public forum or for Verizon Wireless service in general???

I don't give incentives to stay, I am simply another customer like yourself. If you can get equivalent/better service with another provider for a lower cost, I would suggest going with that other provider.

There is nothing to say you can't simply leave the account in the name of your family member. As long as the bills are paid, I'm sure Verizon doesn't really care.

Whether or not you can keep the same rates/plans would certainly depend on whether or not those rates/plans are STILL current plans OR if Verizon allows transferring your specific legacy plan to a new customer. Changing names on the account is equivalent to being a new customer. Depending on your credit, you may have to provide a security deposit on your lines of service you would like to transfer, just as would any new customer.

0 Likes
Gerrygwilliams

misunderstood who was giving the info. thanks.

0 Likes