Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim's Data Plan
Not applicable
OK, here's my recommendation for the ultimate customer friendly data plan. Someone should offer data for $10 per GB. The data plan would be for a given account and would apply to every device on that account. That would include one or more smartphones, hotspots, tablets, etc. At the end of the month, they add up all the usage and bill $10 per GB used. Have a reduced rate for usage over 5GB and usage over 10 GB, etc.
0 Likes
Re: Jim's Data Plan
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Sounds fine with me. It would definitely reduce my data costs.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
It would reduce mine too - and likely the 90% of customers who use less than 2 GB a month - we'd all pay $10 or $20 instead of $30. And the 5-10% that use over 2 GB would pay for the amount they use. This will mean Verizon's revenue would drop, probably a LOT. Multiply $10 less a month per customer or family plan (or $20 in some cases) and you are talking major revenue per month that Verizon would NOT get....so I'm thinking this isn't going to happen, no matter how great it sounds for the customer!
0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Maybe VZW will name the plan after you!

0 Likes
Not applicable
It will never happen until/unless there is ever an overabundance of capacity and the competitive environment drives down prices.
0 Likes
silver6055

jimfitzgerald wrote:
It will never happen until/unless there is ever an overabundance of capacity and the competitive environment drives down prices.

Right, and I would assume that any family data plan would be more like it is today for minutes.  There isn't a Jim's Calling plan where you are charged for your group usage in batches of say, 100 minutes, you have buy a bucket of 700, 1400 minutes etc, and the overage charges are expensive, so you are encouraged to buy too much just to be safe.   So I would expect say 6GB, 10GB, 15GB  family data plans, priced "appropriately", i.e. for VZ rather than for consumers!

0 Likes