Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Just a Rant about Plans
punisherbv

This isn't really intented to get any argument started but i do have to say is this that i have been with Verizon almost 10 years (2013) and just to get a smartphone plan its about 80 a month (included with Employee Discount) for unlimited data and texting and 450 minutes. IMO thats pretty high ESPECIALLY if i don't use very many minutes at all honestly. I mean i was trying to get that promotion for the text and data back in November and because i didn't get the email maybe because i was a non smart phone user with the VCast plan i couldn't get on it even though i had gotten an email about it. If i was able to get onto that promotion i wouldn't be considering leaving Verizon. I could go to NationPCS or Virgin Mobile for MUCH cheaper rate but with 80 a month is just too much in my opinion and i have no problems with Vigin Mobile where i live. I mean i tried to get that data promotion but NONE of the reps would give it to me and i wish Verizon would help out existing customers along with new customers, i mean my buddy from CT got the data promotion after coming back to Verizon last fall without getting the email so i don't think that was too fair. Also i don't like how some reps aren't always trained well for the jobs where they will tell you one thing and say they know what they are talking about and i get a different answer later on. But to any of the Verizon reps who are reading this rant, this is NOT an attack but just a request if there is a way you can help me save money without having to leave Verizon this would be greatly appreciated because otherwise i will have to think about making changes. Once again this is just my opinion about the plan rates and stuff. Its just getting to the point i should go prepaid. But my contract isn't up until December 2012.

0 Likes
Re: Just a Rant about Plans
dimap
Novice

They do have cheaper plans "in the system" that they don't advertise or officially offer but if yu get the right rep he can do some digging and pull them up and ofer them to you. Might cost him/her their job, not a good thing in this economy, but hey....

0 Likes
Not applicable
There is no more unlimited data plan unless you already have one and are simply ungrading your phone.
0 Likes
ChristianPreach

I came to Verizon from Sprint. I loved my Sprint service and miss it to this day. They have the best plans and I've never had issues with service. I only left due to a single customer service issue within the 7 years I was there. I agree, the Verizon plans could use some updating. 450 minutes is not much, while 900 is far too much, at least in my experience. Sprint kept me for so long because their plans allowed you to call any mobile carrier without using anytime minutes. Verizon would be wise to follow their lead. Also, for the same price I pay now, I had insurance, road side rescue, and unlimited data. Thank God I was grandfathered in. But yes, VZW could use with a more diverse choice of calling plans.

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Novice

ChristianPreach wrote:

I came to Verizon from Sprint. I loved my Sprint service and miss it to this day. They have the best plans and I've never had issues with service. I only left due to a single customer service issue within the 7 years I was there. I agree, the Verizon plans could use some updating. 450 minutes is not much, while 900 is far too much, at least in my experience. Sprint kept me for so long because their plans allowed you to call any mobile carrier without using anytime minutes. Verizon would be wise to follow their lead. Also, for the same price I pay now, I had insurance, road side rescue, and unlimited data. Thank God I was grandfathered in. But yes, VZW could use with a more diverse choice of calling plans.

so u left only for ONE issue with customer care

0 Likes
ChristianPreach

The customer care issue involved them calling the police on me after giving me a broken phone to replace a broken phone. Would you like a full story? It's on their website in 2 places titled "Worst Customer Service Ever!"

0 Likes