Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOST MY GRANDFATHERED PLAN
Johngi-559

So I been having my grandfather unlimited data with no msgs but 450 mins and with my discount I pay about 70.  

I got the payment plan but it switched me to the 2gig data plan. What do I need to do? Can I return my phone and will it go back??

please help/

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LOST MY GRANDFATHERED PLAN
Benitez147
Novice

@Johngi-559 wrote:

So I been having my grandfather unlimited data with no msgs but 450 mins and with my discount I pay about 70.  

I got the payment plan but it switched me to the 2gig data plan. What do I need to do? Can I return my phone and will it go back??

please help/

When did you get a new phone? You should have read my post about upgrading grandfathered unlimited data plans. The main points were to AVOID any store other than Customer Service representatives at (800) 922-0204 or by calling *611. Sales associates in the verizon stores are snakes and many of them do not know the internal code for gUDP or they just want to switch you to a new unlimited plan for their commission. Always place an order through a customer service representatives because the grandfathered plan is still noticed on their systems. Apple, Samsung, Best buy, Target do not know the internal code for gUDP.

If it has been within 14 days, return the phone to a corporate store and make sure your upgrade restores on the system. Check by going on My Verizon and go to devices to check that there is an upgrade option being offered on that particular line. You then call (800) 922-0204 or call *611 and ask that you want the grandfathered unlimited data plan back on your account. The customer service representative will then file an Inactive Pricing Request. I would give it two days after the CSR files the IPR before I call in again to check in on the status, even just to make sure that the IPR was filed. Keep in mind that you might run into inept CSR as they tell you they will call you back and then they don't. Many new reresentatives might not even know the internal code to restore the gUDP as it has been a while since it has not been offered by Verizon, so you might have to play CSR roulette until you find a CSR that does recognize the plan. IT IS YOUR JOB to follow up on the IPR request because you only have 14 days to get your plan restored.

I will be honest and say that you are facing an uphill battle even getting your gUDP plan back as other people have mentioned having their IPR successful and still not restoring their plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Johngi-559,

Having the plan you are supposed to is always a big deal. We want to make sure you never see a change you don't want. We're glad to look into this and see what options are available. So we can do so, I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you're able to so we can help.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
ao2000

Andrew, I recently lost my grandfathered plan and have spoken to multiple CSR who are unfamiliar with how to reinstate my grandfathered plan. What can I do to get in touch with the "right" person who can fix this? It has been an extremely AGGRAVATING experience talking to people who don't know how to properly handle this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Johngi-559

Sorry I never updated this , but its important

I got my verizon plan back. 

Basically i called the loyalty dept and spoke with a level 2 rep and told them i need my old plan reinstanted . she put me on hold and filled it out for me and i waited less than a week,