Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MISLEAD about Friends & Family Feature
PolkPC

I just got mislead by Verizon!

I was with Sprint for 10 year and Verizon only a few months.

I wasn't going over my minutes in the 1,400 min. plan, so the rep said I should be fine in the 700 min plan.

He FAILED to tell me that I would also lose the Friends & Family feature.

So of coarse this month I went over my 700 minutes because I relied on the friends & family feature.

Extra $175. additional charges and they would not credit me even after I said I wanted to go back to 1,400 minutes.

I need to switch to another carrier! Which carrier has the best customer service?

0 Likes
Re: MISLEAD about Friends & Family Feature
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Not knowing how many phones are on this new account, you will have a hefty ETF to pay to leave.

As for best CS, I have to say VZW. Lord knows their CSR's come and go through the revolving door just like every other cell company, but if you educate yourself before calling, in fact use the online account to make changes, there is alot less chance of what happened to you ever occurring.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

PolkPC wrote:

Which carrier has the best customer service?

From all the survey results I've seen or read about, that would be Verizon.

0 Likes
Thunderingal

I had almost the exact problem. Last May I downgraded to the 700 family. Within a couple days I called to ask about the 10 friends and family; I was told I still had it (all 10) on my line but not my other line. That was fine because I was the one talking. I do paperless billing so 99.9% of the snail mail I get from verizon is junk, so I ALMOST threw out the paper they sent the beginning of Jan '12 saying they were cutting off my friends and family (sneaky!). I promptly called and was told I was never supposed to have 10, and the rep said she would put 5 on there and told me to cut my list so it would go to 5 on my next billing cycle. She said IF they had to extend a contract (I now have 3 lines) to do so, she would call me on that Friday (because she was off Wed. and Thurs.) and let me know and we would go from there. She didn't call so I figured all was well (but she made notes that she'd called and I'd declined the extension, which I would have but I also would have been aware that I did not have the friends and family minutes available). I get a text in the middle of a call saying I was near my minute allowance! (I had about 36 minutes available) I look on my account and notice there are no minutes used for my friends and family but they are all still on my list etc.... So I call and get the runaround from at least 3 people who tell me different things. Ends up they want to charge me an extra 20$ to bump up my plan for approx. 8 days or extend the contract on my line another year to add 5 friends and family! I do not believe I should have to pay for their obvious mistake! I NOW understand that feature is not included in the 700 minute package, but after being told so many times it was and having it for 8 months, they needed to handle this better. As it stands I have dropped one line and will be dropping the other two VERY SOON!! I have also let this problem be known to all my friends and family! (lmao) Good luck to everyone I hope you all have better experiences with verizon than I have.

0 Likes
PolkPC

Jim,

You stated in one of the above posts "Also, you could have done a temporary switch back to 1400 minutes for one month (back dated) and avoided the overage."

Can I do this? Is this actually possible? Or are you just trying to keep the peace?

Shayne

0 Likes
notarep
Novice

PolkPC wrote:

Jim,

You stated in one of the above posts "Also, you could have done a temporary switch back to 1400 minutes for one month (back dated) and avoided the overage."

Can I do this? Is this actually possible? Or are you just trying to keep the peace?

Shayne

Yes you can. If you are over your minutes in your CURRENT bill cycle, you can make the change effective at the beginning of the bill cycle and it makes the computer believe you had it for the entire cycle. However, the next bill will have 2 charges for the same plan. You will also see a refund for the plan you were on. They refund the original plan and recharge the new plan on the next bill.

0 Likes