Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Month-to-Month (turning it off and on)
nobusuke

I bought a Jetpack (MiFi).  No contract.

I am currently month-to-month.

I chose month-to-month because I knew I would not use it full time, but wanted it occasionally.

How do I turn it off service?

How do I turn service back on?

Do I have to pay an activation fee each time I turn it on? (I think this answer is "No.")

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Month-to-Month (turning it off and on)
gina7239

Not if you do it online. You can suspend lines a max of 6 months a year. If you go onto my Verizon it says at the bottom of the Page suspend / activate lines. If you don't have a person suspend a line there's no fee. The fee is imposed when suspended. If you can't do it online you would have to call and ask for an ondemand credit for huge charge pending. Had that happen before they didn't tell me about the fee if I go to a store so I had to ask.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gina7239

Not if you do it online. You can suspend lines a max of 6 months a year. If you go onto my Verizon it says at the bottom of the Page suspend / activate lines. If you don't have a person suspend a line there's no fee. The fee is imposed when suspended. If you can't do it online you would have to call and ask for an ondemand credit for huge charge pending. Had that happen before they didn't tell me about the fee if I go to a store so I had to ask.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000

I just did this. I reactivated a MIFI used device that my dad got from a friend (it was past the 2 year contract).  You can reactivate it anytime but they will charge you $35 anytime you turn the service back on. You will simply be on a month to month service, but keep in mind that VZW will prorate the remaining month and bill you one month ahead when you activate it.... The bad thing about it is that anytime you turn it off, the next time you reactivate it, you are at the mercy of VZW and whatever new ripoff of a data plan that they have chosen for that month.

0 Likes