Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEW SAMSUNG CONVOY 2
ABIGGUY7

I JUST GOT MY NEW CONVOY 2 AND PUT THE MICRO SD CARD IN IT AND IT WON'T RECOGNIZE ANY PICS. FROM MY MOTOROLA W755, ANY IDEAS ON TRANSFERRING THEM?

0 Likes
Re: NEW SAMSUNG CONVOY 2
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning ABIGGUY7.

I know how important pictures are, and how hard it can be if you think you cannot keep them.  Especially if it is just because of switching phones.  Well, I have good news for you!  To keep the same memory card, and switch devices, (different manufacturer), you will simply need to format the SD card.  If you do not format, the new device will not read the card or media on it.  (Which seems to be what is happening in your case.)  Since you would like to use the pictures on the SD card with your new phone, you need to back up the pictures onto a PC, format the card, transfer the pictures back onto the card, and then use the card/pictures on your Convoy.  (When you format, all data will be lost/ removed from the card, which is why they need to be backed up onto a PC first.)  Below I have provided you with additional information to do this.

1) You must put the card into a card reader, and put the card reader in the PC.

2) Copy the pictures to the PC.

3) **Format the card, (once pictures are backed up).**

4) Put the card back into card reader, and transfer the pictures onto the card.

5) Once the pictures are back on the card with the new formatting, the new phone will read the pictures.

** For steps to format the card, please follow the steps on the following link**: 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=28142

Thank you!

djohnson777

Would a Verizon Store be able to assist with this, as I do not have a card reader?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

djohnson777

It's unlikely that a store would be able to perform this function for you.

However, you can purchase a card reader anywhere.

You can generally find them in the area where cameras or cell phones are sold (Grocery Store, Drug Store, Super Centers like Wal-Mart & Target)

Once you follow the steps Vanessa C. provided, you will be able to not only have your pictures stores safely & securely on your computer for future reference, but you can also have them on the new phone.

0 Likes
Hardwood

New to the forum - so I hope this is a good place to ask.

Just received my convoy 2 and was wondering if there is a way to record a message to myself?  I had a motorola that had this feature and I used it a lot to record pnone numbers, address's, measurements and any other information that I thought I would need.   With my phone prior to the motorola I could press a button during a conversation and record what was being said - that was the best feature yet but I don't think you can get that with a phone now a days. 

Appreciate any help I can get on this.

0 Likes
MojaveMoon_

Hardwood wrote:

New to the forum - so I hope this is a good place to ask.

Just received my convoy 2 and was wondering if there is a way to record a message to myself?

Because of the standardized Verizon menus, hopefully these steps should be applicable to your make and model of phone.

Main Menu --> Media Center --> Music & Tones --> My Sounds --> Record New

0 Likes
bonster58

Just do what I did.. plug  the old phone  into the usb port on your computer...   the puter will download the driver for it.. then unload all you pictures .  then you can send the ones you want to your new phone, that is much easier I found out!

you can google how to do this on ehow .com if you need to.. its like plugging in your camera, only it is like opening up a cd....  very easy.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This was asked and answered over a year ago....

0 Likes