Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New 2-year contract, unlimited data scam?
Daddo0711

Hearing about the renewed option to sign a new 2-year deal and not lose unlimited data I signed both my wife and myself up for new phones and contracts.  Her order is fine but mine showed an unspecified error.  I called in today to ask and was put on hold.  While on hold I received an email saying my order had been cancelled.  I was never asked or advised of that.  When the rep  came back he said he had cancelled it and would reissue the order.  When it came time to discuss the plans he said my only options were tiered data.  It didn't seem to matter that I had two email confirmation from Verizon for the new service.  I was also told if my wife activated the new phone she would be automatically switched to the 2gb plan.  This cannot be legal.  They said there was a "glitch" over the weekend which allowed the plan selection.  I don't believe a simple "glitch" could offer a plan which is exactly the same as we have now.  Glitches cause gibberish to appear on the screen.  I also have two emails stating Verizon agrees to this service and have already paid for the equipment.

I know this can be fixed.  We do not want to leave but this, if left unresolved, will make us leave after I believe 8 years of loyal patronage.  This was bait-and-switch, pure and simple.

<< Full name of rep removed >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: New 2-year contract, unlimited data scam?
jroeder

Maybe the original order to renew and keep unlimited data was cancelled because it was not an option. It wasn't a "bait-and-switch" The order was cancelled, it wasn't switched. When you called to reissue the order they told you the correct options so they did not switch you without your knowledge. The second rep was correct, he didn't lie, the first rep did. Verizon cancelled the order because if they didn't you would have been set up w/ new 2 year agreements on a tiered data plan, which would have been illegal. Thats why they cancelled it. So you can either not make the change, keep the unlimited data and buy the phones outright. Or switch, go to a tiered plan, and get new phones. By glitch they meant the system accidentally allowed you to keep the unlimited plan, though it was not an option. Verizon has had this rule since they removed the unlimited plan back in '11.

<< Full name of rep removed >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes