Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Newest list of Verizon Phones that DO NOT require data plans
xclusiv0

I found a list of phones but I believe its outdated. Here's a copy...

any news on phones to add to the list... or take away from it?

Re: Complete list of phones that DO NOT require a data plan

Android10  Silver

These are all the feature phones that we currently offer.  Feature phones are phones that do not require data features of $9.99 or $29.99. 

Verizon Wireless CDM8975

LG Accolade™

LG Cosmos™

Pantech Jest™

Samsung Gusto™

Samsung Gusto™ in Purple

Verizon Wireless Salute™

Verizon Wireless Escapade®

Samsung Haven™

Samsung Intensity™

Samsung Intensity™ II in Metallic Blue

Samsung Convoy™

Motorola Barrage™

Motorola Barrage™ Non–Camera

0 Likes
Re: Newest list of Verizon Phones that DO NOT require data plans
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, that list is outdated; quite a number of retired basic phones + multimedia phones that aren't included ... a few that come to mind are:

env Touch

env

env3

Convoy 2

Reality

Alias

Alias2

Octane

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Add the LG Voyager and Samsung Sway to the list

And there are several older LG models I am aware of (flip phones) that don't need a data plan...

LG 5200 (my Mom still uses this one!)

LG 5400 (hubby has this one)

LG 3300 (I think?  my daughter's old phone)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing your list of phones that don't need a data plan! We also have a great current line up of basic phones (previously called feature phones) at http://bit.ly/9wnhDM currently available for purchase from Verizon Wireless. Basic phones have an option to add a data plan if you have an older calling plan, or would also be able to share data from the Share Everything http://bit.ly/LWsodg plan. Smartphones (Androids, iPhones, Windows, Blackberry, Palm) do need a data plan because of how data oriented they are and all the great services offered for the devices.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
FatalBullet

I have a Verizon account for me ,my wife and 3 kids.Luckily, I had unlimited data on my and my wife's phone...So upon ,needing a new phone ,I bought mine & my wife's from ebay...now my kids have grown and when I needed to get them smart phones, Verizon said that I need to buy data plan which would cost me +$120 more..

I had my old Droid 2 Global and Motorola Devour..and you know what..I activated them with PagePlus for my 2 kids with a monthly plan and autorefill..It did cost me less than $30 for both and no taxes...and the funny thing is that PagePlus runs on Verizon Towers......

I honestly, don't know how Verizon is still in business....when PagePlus gets unlimited Data like SimpleMobile and StraightTalk...I am out of here.

FatalBullet

So now I have 2 Smartphones activated with Page Plus @ 12 plan, 250 minutes+250 Texts and 200 MB of data for $12 each.Activation took 2 minutes and was for $4 / phone.Lines are Crisp like Verizon so far...went to the mountains and still got signal..

0 Likes