Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No incentive for customer loyalty. Should I say goodbye after 12+ years?
NoCallCenterPlease

I'm on the Loyalty wireless plan. I've been a customer for 12+ years. I don't want to switch away from Verizon but I'm seriously considering it. All of the iPhone "deals" require me to either:

1. Lose my phone number
  2. Lose access to my loyalty wireless plan
  3. Or both.

It's really no deal at all. I feel like I'm being punished for being a loyal customer rather than rewarded. Every agent I've spoken with said there's "nothing they can do" and "the only way for you to qualify for a phone deal is to switch your plan." It's frustrating that new customers are allowed to take advantage of so-called "deals" while loyal customers like my partner and I are left without any good, viable options.

Customers are encouraged to hop carriers. VZW and the other major carriers care more about "activations" and new customers they can report to shareholders. Customer churn is glossed over and customer loyalty is hardly rewarded.

Why can't we trade in our eligible iPhones for an upgrade but new customers can?

0 Likes
Re: No incentive for customer loyalty. Should I say goodbye after 12+ years?
NoCallCenterPlease

Case in point: AT&T's front page. Direct quote. Go look for yourself.

"Our best deals are for everyone

• New and existing customers get the same great deals
  • Get a new 5G phone at a price you won't believe
  • Save even more when you trade in your device"

Is this philosophy too much to ask for, Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'd like to know more about your Verizon services and see if we can find a better alternative for you. Please, Private Message us anytime for an agent to review your account. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
tjollie

I was sent a text to 'upgrade' my plan to keep Apple music. When I went to look at the plans, the plan they suggested that I switch to is HALF the cost it is for me...someone who has had Verizon since about 2006/2007.  Also, the savings they said I would get with the new phone I got are yet to show...actually seen more charges. And, no one will chat with me because I haven't paid the part of it I wasn't expecting yet. So not impressed!!

0 Likes