Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not receiving text messages, HELP
mystikalkat

Hello my bank offers the option of receiving text messages and ever since coming to Verizon I am not able to receive them now. Why? I was with Sprint and had a Samsung Epic4 now am with Verizon and have a Samsung Charge my bank says it is not anything they have changed so it must be a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages, HELP
spottedcatfish

Did you go back in which you switched and check the settings for the text alerts?  Some systems ask you to choose your cellphone carrier so messages can be sent/formatted appropriately, and if yours is still set up for Sprint, that would explain the issue.

Also, do you have any messaging blocks in place?  Blocks on premium or internet messaging can affect alerts like these, you might remove them temporarily to see if it fixes the issue.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages, HELP
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

mystikalkat wrote:

Hello my bank offers the option of receiving text messages and ever since coming to Verizon I am not able to receive them now. Why? I was with Sprint and had a Samsung Epic4 now am with Verizon and have a Samsung Charge my bank says it is not anything they have changed so it must be a Verizon issue.

Hello to the community! Thanks for helping on this issue, spottedcatfish! As always, you are 'spot-on' with your feedback!!

Mystikalkat, I'm also available to you to resolve this concern. Please let us know of you were able to resolve this using spottedcatfish's excellent suggestions or if you require additional assistance. Thanks!

0 Likes