Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Off contract calling plan change
nyhokie

First, Verizon's decision to remove email support and rely only on chat for online support is unacceptable. The chat service is NEVER available regardless of what time of day I check (5:30am - 11:30pm ET). Some times I need an online support option rather than calling into a CSR.

I am currently off contract with Verizon Wireless, so I go month-to-month. If I change my calling plan to one of the new ones (more minutes, etc), will this put me into a contract?

Also, I do not want a new phone at this time, but I am eligible to get one. If I change my plan now, will I lose my ability to upgrade my phone later?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Off contract calling plan change
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, that's simply a plan change and will not affect your upgrade eligibility or put you "in contract" if you are currently month to month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

nyhokie wrote:

I am currently off contract with Verizon Wireless, so I go month-to-month. If I change my calling plan to one of the new ones (more minutes, etc), will this put me into a contract? No.  You can change your plan at any time.  Be sure to make the changes effective at the start of a billing cycle to avoid pro-rating confusion.  Do NOT make changes effective immediately! Either backdate or forward date the change.  Your bill will be simpler with no surprises.

Also, I do not want a new phone at this time, but I am eligible to get one. If I change my plan now, will I lose my ability to upgrade my phone later? No, changing your plan does not affect your upgrade date or eligibility.

0 Likes
nyhokie

So this would include if I went to one of the new (my plan is old) share anything plans?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, that's simply a plan change and will not affect your upgrade eligibility or put you "in contract" if you are currently month to month.

0 Likes
nyhokie

@ Horses 547,

I guess you deleted your message. I am perfectly within my rights to decide what is and what is not acceptable. I have a right to an opinion and I DO get to decide that. It is NOT 'perfectly acceptable'.

Thank you SuzyQ for the HELPFUL response.

>Verizon Moderator<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes