Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Over 55 Discount Information Request
Todd00

If you are not from Florida, please tell me if you have received an over 55 year old discount on your plan.  I understand that this is a loyalty discount.  How long does it take to get this discount?  Years? Why does Verizon only offer this discount to Florida residents (T-Mobile offers a 55+ plan nationwide, but they do not have good coverage in my area)?  A columnist recently told me not to expect Verizon to offer this discount nationwide anytime soon.

If you were able to get this discount and you are not from Florida, how many years did you need to be with Verizon before you got this discount?  I have contacted customer service many, many times about this with absolutely no success.  A nationwide over 55 discount makes good business sense, and it is the right thing to do.

Finally, if you received the over 55 discount, does it affect the phone credit payments or any other conditions of your plan?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Over 55 Discount Information Request
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there, Todd00. I can understand the concern and want to be on such a plan. Currently, we do offer a version of this but it is currently a loyalty plan. The criteria to meet for this plan is something that is made available later on during your service with us. We would be happy to look into this more in depth for you. We recommend reaching out to us on our social media platform via DM or reaching out to us by dialing (800) 922-0204, so we can see if this plan is available for you and what needs to happen first. *Kris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Over 55 Discount Information Request
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there, Todd00. I can understand the concern and want to be on such a plan. Currently, we do offer a version of this but it is currently a loyalty plan. The criteria to meet for this plan is something that is made available later on during your service with us. We would be happy to look into this more in depth for you. We recommend reaching out to us on our social media platform via DM or reaching out to us by dialing (800) 922-0204, so we can see if this plan is available for you and what needs to happen first. *Kris

0 Likes