Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Payment date changed - fewer days in billing cycle
zebbie8

So my bill should be less right.  If they are gonna change my date because there are less days then less money is due???

0 Likes
Re: Payment date changed - fewer days in billing cycle
21stNow

There is a difference in changing the payment date and changing the billing cycle.  Did Verizon Wireless actually shorten your billing cycle?  You can compare your current bill to an older bill to see if this is the case.

Another carrier that I use changed the payment date to be four days earlier than it had been.  However, my billing cycle was unchanged.  Hence the same amount was due, just on a different date.

0 Likes
ashtontr

With Verizon, the bill is due 5 days before the Bill Cycle ends, when you change the Bill Cycle it changes the due date as well, however, you are billed for a full month, regardless of days, but the average is 30 days. So if your bill cycle is on the 2nd, it's going to stay the 2nd no matter how many days are in between to reach the 2nd.

0 Likes
21stNow

That was my point, that the billing cycle still has the same number of days and only the payment date has changed.

According to what you are saying the billing cycle dates are changing, as well.  If that's the case, then there has to be a longer or shorter billing cycle out there somewhere, which is why I suggested that the OP compare an older bill to the current bill.

0 Likes
ashtontr

Plus, one more thing I'd like to add, if they do bill on a 30 day average month, how would you feel to be CHARGED the extra day in the months that are 31? They definitely don't do that, so it pretty much evens out from what I can tell.

0 Likes
21stNow

Can I take it that this response was for the OP and not to me?

0 Likes
ashtontr

A little bit of both I suppose, just kinda clicked the closest thing, I guess I didn't have much to say about your response because it's entirely true. But your input for the response would most likely help them too. Smiley Happy

0 Likes