Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone calls intermittently not ringing through to my phone
JK23

Please let me know if this is not the correct location to post this.

This issue started for me about 2 weeks ago, on or about No 13th. At first it was an isolated event, but then it happened a few days later, then a few days later, until it finally became a daily issue. Most calls are going through to my phone. However, sometimes calls just aren't ringing through to my phone. For example, I missed an important call on the 27th. My phone was right next to me and my voicemail alert sounded. My phone never rang. I have no  missed call listed on my phone. But I received a voicemail. I've missed at least one call (that I know of) DAILY since Saturday.

On the other end, the people who have called me when it didn't ring on my end have told me both that it went straight to voicemail or that they hear it ring multiple times before going to voicemail. No matter what situation the caller runs into though, I've confirmed that my phone has not been off nor has the ringer been off. And again, the call is never listed in my incoming or missed calls.

The first few times this happened, I thought it may be an issue with my phone. I had neglected to update to the older OS, so I thought this was the issue. I have since updated, but the issue has persisted. I've also checked for carrier setting updates but that is already up to date. I've restarted my phone numerous times to no avail.

I've missed a few important calls because of this. What else can be done to fix this?

Re: Phone calls intermittently not ringing through to my phone
JK23

I also want to point out that this is not a problem with signal. For one, I have a strong signal in my home where this has occurred. Also, I have had the phone receive a VM where a call did not ring through, then have someone call and the call ring through with the phone never being moved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, JK23. 

May we please start with the make and model of your phone, to make sure that we provide you the most accurate troubleshooting?

0 Likes
JK23

Hi! Thanks for responding. I have an iPhone 6S plus. I can't think of anything else not mentioned above that would be relevant, but if you have any other questions please let me know.

As a side note, I did experience the problem yet again this evening, receiving a voicemail at 8:03 PM EST. I texted and called back, had the caller call me again, and the phone rang through fine at 8:06 PM.

0 Likes
JK23

As a follow up, I had this happen to me THREE times yesterday. My service is essentially unusable at this point. I'm missing more calls than I am receiving!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the information, JK23. This will take you through most of the more common remedies to calls not being received properly: http://spr.ly/6580EGwW4 .

0 Likes