Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone plan options for 90GB+ HotSpot data per month
Panderegg

I am on the Unlimited data plan I started back in 2011, only have added $10 a month for extra texts.  My bill is $130 a month before taxes, $80 of that is the data and HotSpot fees.  I use around 90GB a month of data, most of it acros the HotSpot function.  For what I use the phone/plan for, a throttled connection is no connection at all, as I need to upload time sensitive large video files and live stream video both of whioch require high speed data.

If I wanted to ditch the grandfather Unlimited plan, or will eventually get booted, or want 5G etc, what optons do I have for my amount of data usage? The highest tier plan I see only allots 50GB of data and of that only 30GB for HotSpot.  Would I need to activate two lines at $80 each to get similar data as I get now?  It would be $50 more (after fees) than what I pay now, so shopping around with other carriers as well.  Having extreme issues with Verizon band 13 giving unusable upload bandwidth (600KB/s) in my city, not sure if it's a 5G DSS thing, but it's causing me to consider other carriers.

Paul

0 Likes
Re: Phone plan options for 90GB+ HotSpot data per month
Doggo
Novice

If you have one of the original plans, last thing you'd want is a current plan if you use a ton of data a month. That's the only good thing those grandfather plans are for.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Don’t give up that plan easily.   
if you do choose to try other carriers, do so while still maintaining this plan. You can use a throwaway number for 30 days and test drive T-Mobile.   But unlikely you’ll do better.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The Get More Unlimited plan available includes 30 GB of 4G/5G Nationwide speeds. 
after data allowance, then up to 600Kbps speeds .
https://www.verizon.com/support/get-more-unlimited-faqs/
-David

0 Likes