Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Phone won't save files to MicroSD card and Verizon won't exchange the device?
kerry5864

I have a Motorola razor m and it will not save any files to the SD card. I have been through technical support and customer service with Verizon over and over again and they cannot fix the phone. It is a known flaw in the phone that the setting to manage device storage doesn't exist. In the manual for the phone it tells you go to apps then settings then go to storage and select manage to buy storage to get your phone to save files to the SD card. When you go to the phone and do this because your phone keeps telling you there is no storage available there is no manage device storage settings on the phone. This is a well known problem with Verizon and they refuse to do anything about it. They say the only thing they can do is keep sending me more MotorolaRAZR M phones even though they all have the same problem. I have seen numerous forums blogs and places on the internet where people are having the same problem with their phones. Verizon in the tier 3 Customer Support Division, a high part of customer support told me to go to Google Play and find an app that would let me mainly transfer the files myself. This is there a fix they say. All of us customers that buy phones expecting them and being told that they would have  up to 40 gigabytes of storage on the phone shouldn't have to transfer the files ourselves. If all of us will contact our attorney general for the state as I have done, call the Better Business Bureau, and call and call complaining to the highest level you can get in corporate officer Verizon maybe something will be done about it. The assistant manager at the store I deal with in Hope Arkansas was willing to give me a different phone if I agreed to have them send me a nother RAZR M, try it out and see if it had the same problems. I did agree and got the new phone sent me and it had the same flaw in the phone, no setting to manage device storage. When the manager called to get authorization to give me a different phone they told him No he was not allowed to do it. I am tired of being lied to, spending countless hours on the phone with tech support, and dealing with the people at customer service who keep giving me the runaround and telling me a lie after lie. What in the world has happened to customer service in the United States. A person can google this problem about moving files to SD from internal storage or you can go to Verizon forum and see all of the problems people are having with it but yet Verizon refuses to give me a different type of phone. So If you are having this problem help do something about and dont get stuck having to transfer files manually. Google- RAZR M save files to SD card and you'll realize why providers should have to exchange our phones for ones that do what we paid for.

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't save files to MicroSD card and Verizon won't exchange the device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kerry5864,
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your file transfer issue. We do want to get this resolved for you. Have you tried tha "Files" app in your apps menu to view files there? This app helps you transfer info from your device to an SD card.

This link should help you with this process: http://vz.to/1bKTGlt

Thanks for your patience and please let us know if you have any further questions.
-PeterV_VZW

follow us on twitter @VzwSupport

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't save files to MicroSD card and Verizon won't exchange the device?
jroeder

People have problems with many different phones all the time. Not only through Verizon but also T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint etc...None of these companies to my knowledge will replace your phone with a different model phone, no matter the issue. Verizon and all the other providers, are not cell phone manufacturers and so therefore are almost completely useless when it comes to troubleshooting. Your best bet is to call the company that made the phone, and released it with the issues it has, Motorola. They might have a work around. But there is no point calling Verizon over and over, because you'll get no resolve. I would just download the app and be done with it, it only takes 2 seconds longer to do. Or call Motorola, either way.

0 Likes
kerry5864

jroeder,You are perfectly correct about Verizon not being able to troubleshoot and that it is a waste of time to keep calling them.  Once they have your money and a contract signed you're not very important except when the bill is due.  Why Verison isn't on the phone with Motorola getting the best way to resolve the problem is beyond me except that what I said earlier in this paragraph is right on the money.  I am done bickering about it, I paid for another upgrade and bought a different phone.  One that works right.  I don't imagine you would just let it go if you were in the other seat either.   Main point, Motorola is sending defective phones out to distributors and the distributor is selling them to customers.  And neither one wants to fix the problem the customer has. Sad, sad customer service and we the customer are getting the bad end of it.  It's that simple. This is over as far as I am concerned.