Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plan Rate Adjustment Single
Kat106

Just got my bill and Verizon added a $6.00 a month surcharge to it calling it a "Plan Rate adjustment Single".  Chatting with the online "Chat" did nothing since it insisted that I added this "service".  Notice on my paper bill that the IPhone listed is no longer the same on as mine either (still an old one but different "color") so obviously someone at Verizon played with my account.  Really getting sick of the high cost of the plans with no available 5G network that they want to charge you for anyway!  Think I'll be shopping for a new carrier.

Re: Plan Rate Adjustment Single
Kat106

Well I called Verizon.  They claim everyone with this old Plan was sent emails regarding the rate increase back in June but I never got it and I searched my folders as well.  Also there is no notification on my account of any email being sent!  Anyway, there is no cheaper plan at Verizon and I don't even use 1/4 of the 2 gb I am allowed!  Why should I be forced to pay a nearly 20% higher fee or go unlimited with data and pay even more?  Ridiculous.  Unfortunately I will be leaving Verizon after over a decade with them (14 years they claim).  Likely go with Xfinity or TMobile - will shop around for the best rate for someone like me who barely uses their phone.  Both have been soliciting me and I can take my current old phone and telephone number with me so it.s not to big a deal.  Happy that both companies have local stores I can just go into.

ph5

I had the same $6 charge.  Infuriating.  And they have the nerve to make it look like they are making it easy to compare bills month to month.  It gives me no information whatsover unless you tell me what "Plan Rate Adjustment Single" means.

Amimelia

Yeah I got the email on 06/15 but missed it since I usually just ignore the bill or ad emails. Verizon announced an increase of their service fees by about $1.50 back in May (which I noticed) but didn’t think they’d increase a whole $6 for a plan on top of that.
Unfortunately you aren’t going to find much different anywhere else. Everywhere is the same, Verizon was just the last to increase prices. 

Stinks, but that is where the economy is right now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, ph5. We always want to be upfront with your plan details, and committed to bringing you the best experience for your shared data plan. Due to rising operational costs, you'll see an increased charge no sooner than 7/19/22. You'll see this charge in the account section of your next mobile bill called "Plan Rate Adjustment Single" or "Plan Rate Adjustment Multi". Refer to http://spr.ly/6603M8ntb for more info. I hope this provides clarity.  -Tracy

0 Likes
m1bravo

I received the same charge!

bulletbob333

Exactly, they say go here to compare and you get nothing. What they want is you to not know when they add to your bill or to ever question them about it. So, they make it a maze to get answers. 

0 Likes
bulletbob333

Exactly what is this charge for? 

Due to rising operational costs

Does your company not factor in these things when they get people to sign up?

Apparently, you get them to buy a phone and then say,Oh! by the way our costs are rising so here is a bill for them.

Amazing it is a shame when I go to buy groceries and the costs rise I can't say to my boss "look my costs are going up so you need to pay me more starting next month".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm more than happy to review your account for any savings opportunities. AS a consumer on a budget, I know how important to keep costs as low as possible. Besides this reply, I will send you a Private Note. 

-Jordan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for meeting me here! To confirm receipt of this message, please send a reply with your first name. Thank you again! 

-Jordan

0 Likes