Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Plan adjustment fee
Jmterao

Ok I just got hit with this fee for two lines. 

I did a chat with customer service and they said because my plan is outdated and not available anymore was the reason for the fee. 

they then offered me unlimited but at a lifetime rate of $109.00 bottom line cost.

I was paying $119.00 before for the two lines which Verizon wants to hike to $131.00  with the new fee but the rep on chat says they will offer it to me at $109.00?

my trust level is really really low. Said I would go into my local Verizon store and they told me no that I had to do it on chat. 

Anyone else get this? Is it a true cost or was I getting lied to?

0 Likes
Re: Plan adjustment fee
Jmterao

Well unless a mod or someone can verify what I was told it may be time for me to move on to another carrier. 

We don’t stream data, we don’t do Disney or Apple Music… I just need a basic plan. We don’t use the cloud either. 

the economy is bad enough without additional costs being forced on us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely don't want to lose you! I am more than happy to review your account and provide you with any savings opportunities. For that reason, I will also send a Private Note.

-Jordan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for meeting me here! to confirm receipt of this message, please reply with yoru first name. Thank you again! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
Jmterao

Hi Jordan, my names Joan

i appreciate you looking into this.

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help with any pending concerns. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes
Printninja

This is just an obnoxious cash grab by Verizon. It's part of their "bait and switch" advertising. They get people to switch from other providers by advertising one price, and then once you're signed up, they tack on arbitrary fees like "Plan Rate Adjustment." It basically translates to, "we want more money, so we're going to pad your bill and expect you to just pay it without question."

I've also been with Verizon for well over 20 years, and this is how loyalty is treated. Last month I called them and complained and they removed the $6.00. I told them I didn't want to see it again, or I'd find a new provider. Now, this month, it's right back on my bill.

This is the new corporate ethos in America. Sickening.

0 Likes