Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plans
Pocono22

If I upgrade my phone, can I keep my current plan or do I have to take the unlimited plan?

0 Likes
Re: Plans
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It might depend on if there is a promotional offer associated with the phone your want to purchase and if that offer requires you to change your plan as part of the offers qualifications. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

@Pocono22 wrote:

If I upgrade my phone, can I keep my current plan or do I have to take the unlimited plan?

The answer to your question would be likely be yes, however there are some exceptions.

If you want to get promotional pricing on a device, there may be things you must do in order to qualify for that promotional pricing. This may include changing the plan for the line you are upgrading.

Additionally, if you want to purchase a 5G compatible phone you may have to switch to a 5G plan which as far as I know would limit you to unlimited plans.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

don't hold on so tight to your plan!!

i changed from a 4g/shared plan to an unlimited plan that lets me talk/message in canada + mexico for less money.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Personally, I prefer to not change my plan in the same transaction as purchasing a new phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joanlouisa

Wish I could get that. It would be an extra 90 a month to go unlimited.

0 Likes