Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor cell signal at Home
RadRPA

My wife and I have experienced a drop in coverage at our house.  Once we leave our neighborhood it gets better.  This has only been for the last 2 months or so.  Before that we didn't have any problems.  Now we have to stand in a certain part of our house to get reception.  How do we report this?

Tags (1)
Re: Poor cell signal at Home
jav6
Leader

Not sure Verizon can do anything about their network signal being affected within your home, short of providing a network extender (small personal cell tower device) at a cost.  Structures and trees can affect the signal reaching you, especially in spring time when trees leaf out or structures change.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate those details, RadRPA. It can be bewildering to experience sudden changes in your service, and we'd like to help. You mentioned that you are having trouble with calling, but not texting. Are you experiencing issues with data as well? What is your city, state, and closest intersection, so we can check your coverage in more detail? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
hummingbird2

I've had one bar with verizon since day one.  I have to be connected to my home internet to do anything. I would not recomend Verizon prepaid motorola phone to anyone. Terrible reception and you'll never get a live person to answer any question ever! If they want to stay on top they better get their act togeather. Just a matter of time and they will loose!

0 Likes
UNDERWDJ1

The same thing happened here at my home.  Don't know about your issue but after MANY phone calls finally found out the real issue.  The tower closest to us was upgraded to accomodate better internet access but this upgrade left the talk behind.  We now have to pull from a tower much further away.  We were finally given a network extender but what they failed to tell me was that I needed at least 10 mbps of internet speed for it to work best.  I only have 6 mbps.  Things are a little better.  Works better for my smart phone but no help at all for my husbands flip phone or the home phone which is verizon wireless.  Not happy at all & will no longer recommend verizon wireless again as I used to.  If we had just moved here would be different entirely but we haven't moved in over 20 yrs.  Not feeling appreciated at all for my over 15 yrs. of paying my bill on time & no problem to them!  My reward is having service taken away & not even being informed what was taking place. And I still havent cussed when I've talked to them.  I really don't know why.  lol  Very frustrated & looking at other (cheaper) options since they refuse to reduce my bill for crappy service.

bearone21
Leader

just how do you select which tower to draw from??

the best you'll get from the verizon network is 5-12mbps & can be slower.

fwiw: my son lives in a remote part of the verizon service area & when i get a call from him i see the tower he accessed is a long way from where he lives but the array points almost directly at his house.

0 Likes
nontechie

You don't select a tower.  I was told by verizon that we were having to pull from a tower south of us which is much further away.

0 Likes
nontechie

User name changed by the way.  First posting was under underwdj

0 Likes