Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Poor signal in areas that should be full coverage
Hoosiertraveler

I have had Verizon for about a year or so now. For the most part the service has been solid, and recently there have been some improvements in coverage on less traveled roads.

However, I am running into a problem with getting a consistent 3G signal on my iPhone 4S. One trouble spot is in Aurora, IN. The coverage should be excellent. Once I set foot in a building, my phone almost immediately goes to 1x coverage. I had this occur in Loogootee yesterday as well. I have not had a problem that I can recall, but yesterday getting a usable signal was problematic.

I am also finding while driving, that areas that are normally covered by 3G are coming up 1x.

Is there a system upgrade or something in progress in southern Indiana? I rely on my phone for voice and tethering, so having high speed is very important. I am not eligible for the new trade in plan, so I can't test out the 4G signal to compare.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes