Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Port my Verizon # and keep unlimited data?
junksecret

I have had my current Verizon phone number for 20 years, everyone I know knows that number.  I would like to "port" my existing Verizon number to Google voice and have Verizon assign me a new cell # since I could direct all the calls to my "old" number from Google Voice to my "new" cell number.  My contract ends in a couple of months but I need to find a way to do this without losing my existing unlimited data & hotspot.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: Joe Richland I did speak to Verizon but they say my unlimited/grandfathered features are attached to this phone # only.

0 Likes
Re: Port my Verizon # and keep unlimited data?
Not applicable

Junksecret, it sounds like you have already found the correct info, but I will just clarify since I have seen others with this question. When you port a number to another carrier (including Google Voice) this disconnects your line of service. If your line is still under contract, then you would be charged an early termination fee. You can add another line to get a new number, but this would not waive the ETF. Any features that were grandfathered on the line that was disconnected will be gone, and you will need to choose from current pricing.

I hope that explains it for you.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes