Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problems with HomeFusion...again!!
rowanda

I got HomeFusion in Sept, 2013. By the end of the month I already had an open ticket because I simply didn't have service! Tried numerous times to resent, reboot, etc. and still had no service and waiting for someone to return my call (You know..".someone with contact you within 24-48 hrs") After waiting a week and still having no service, I called them back. Of course, I was told they are very sorry, thanks for my patience, etc., etc. This time they told me that they had no idea when this problem would be fixed because they could not even see my device as being active. As soon as the problem was resolved someone would call me. I waited, and waited....finally went back to using my MiFi. One day, a couple of weeks later, I decided to try the HomeFusion again...it worked!!!! Problem is, by that time I had already gone over the limit on my MiFi!!! It didn't really matter that it was working because that was very short lived. Since November 2013 it has been on and off...mostly off! When I try to call and cancel it they say let them try to fix it. They usually do fix it for a couple of days! I just came back from being out of the country for most of January and it is not and has not been working all month! How can I just cancel this!? I am tired of calling and waiting, calling and waiting...I just want to cancel HomeFusion and add a higher data plan for the MiFi.

Please let me stop the insanity!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with HomeFusion...again!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rowanda, let's stop that insanity. I would be frustrated if there was no consistency in service. I want turn that around for you. It sounds like your Mi-Fi is working fine at that same location. Is that right? Since alot of troubleshooting has already been completed I don't want to waste time with troubleshooting steps you have already completed. Could you send me a direct message so I can review this in more detail. Look forward to getting this resolved for you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rowanda

Yes, my MiFi works every time at the same location. I called customer service and was told it would cost me an early cancellation fee of 300+ to cancel. I told them I should not have to pay for a service that cannot be offered to me. Now they want to send a service tech out here to make sure the cantena is working properly. I don't want to have to pay early termination fees, so I will jump through a few hoops to prove this simply doesn't work here. The service tech should be here sometime tomorrow and I will let you know what transpires during that visit.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I completely understand your concern, rowanda! $300 is certainly not pocket change. I take it that we filed a resolution ticket considering a technician will be heading to the area. We would need to wait for the resolution from the technician in order to better assist. We appreciate your patience while reaching a resolution.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rowanda

A tech came out Thursday and replaced the canetnna. All was fine...until Sunday!!!! It continued to lose signal throughout the day. This morning (Monday) I am trying to get some work done, but it is down again or still. The light on the cantenna is red. I was told by a CSR that this is normal, but was told by the tech that it means there is no signal getting to the cantenna!  All in all by experience with Home Fusion has been terrible! I am so tired of this and just want to get rid of it...without paying an early termination fee. I also think I should get a credit for January as it worked less than half the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rowanda,

I am sorry to hear of the continued issues with your HomeFusion internet connection. I want to make sure we get this issue fully resolved. I have followed you. Please follow me back and send me a private message so I can review your account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
unhappy_teresa

We have had nothing but problems with home fusion as well, connection drops constantly, been on the phone for hours with tech support been going on for months. now we are told that the cantanna is bad but will be replaced under warranty. but wait...............we need to pay $150.00 for service truck. so we are stuck with crap!! Verizon will not let us out of our contract and we are stuck paying for a service that never has worked well. considering legal action seeing we are being forced to pay for something that does not work.

rowanda

I was told the same thing! They came and replaced the cantenna, then said it was a firmware issue and they did not know how long it would be until that issue was resolved. If you look through more of the complaints about HomeFusion, you will notice that this same old story has been going on since at least 2011!!!! It's the cantenna, not it's a firmware issue, etc. For a while I had pretty good service after the canetnna was replaced. However, that was short lived!!! For the past 3 days now my router shows that I am online, signal strength is "good", but I cannot get online on my computer, phone or tablet! I switch over to my MiFi and it works great every time. My suggestion is to contact the FCC and BBB. I am so tired of working with these people! We have been with Verizon for years now and have a total of 5 lines. As soon as these contracts are up, I am going with another carrier. It just makes me mad that I still have about a year and a half  to go with this HomeFusion that only works sometimes...however, I get billed for it all the time!!  Maybe Verizon was the best for a while, but I would rather have service EVERY TIME I need it, than have more coverage whether I need it or not. As long as I have coverage at home and work; and I have service 24/7.

There really is something to the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Keep squeaking!!!

I wish you the best of luck!

0 Likes
rowanda

Well Brian. It is with great frustration that I report problems, yet again, with HomeFusion. For the past three days I have had no service! I have reset, unplugged, turned off etc. everything. Done everything that we went through before. Even though the lights on my router are on and blinking green, I still have no service. I try to sign on to my computer and get "This page cannot be displayed". I have tried with my phone and tablet aS well. I turned on the Mifi (thank God I had not cancelled it) and it works great...EVERY TIME!

0 Likes
JohnNN

I have had almost the identical situation. When initially installed, Home Fusion was very erratic. I complained, so Verizon sent a technician out (for a $150 fee because my complaint was after several weeks of lousy service, not under warranty). He moved the cantenna to a "better" location. Exactly why the origional installation was not in the "better" location is a mystery. My service in this new location is still erratic. I can not count on an internet connection using Home Fusion. However my MiFi works fine IN THE SAME LOCATION.

The only recourse may be for a class action lawsuit to demand that Verizon provide the service being paid for. I don't know how many Home Fusion contracts Verizon Wireless has that are providing lousy service but the support boards are full of this story....unacceptable service. Maybe the publicity of a lawsuit plus a multi-million dollar penalty would get Verizon's attention. The lack of competition is hurting the consumer significantly.

Recently, a regional provider offered a 100GB package for $60 a month. I am thinking of cancelling my Home Fusion for non-performance and switching.

0 Likes