Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Proposed Solutions to the Mandatory Data Issue
scubb52

it is almost worth the price to leave i have 5 phones on verizon 2 will be going soon I am going to t mobile where there is no contract, shared unlimited data which slows after a limit but is still there unlimited talk text and data at a lower price than the current data for 2 phones only . we get a discount with verizon through my husbands work but still for what we want it is way less at  t mobile than than verizon. verzson doesn't offer unlimited data. and what data they do offer is way higher. Im looking at big bucks to cancel  all the phones so i will have to do them as they expire. the 2 year contract with cancelation fee is just a way to lock you in so you cant afford to leave. Lots of companies are doing no contract just research first

0 Likes
Re: Proposed Solutions to the Mandatory Data Issue
RjRey70

I am seriously considering leaving as well.. I just added a line to my existing plan and they are killing me with their prices. If only they would lower their prices maybe more people would stay with them. I am also researching T-Mobile. I like the idea that they have the Samsung Galaxy S4 way cheaper than any.

I was also grandfathered into the unlimited data and because I got a new phone because my black berry kicked the bucket.. they FAILED to tell me that I had 10 days to respond whether I wanted to keep my data or change it. They just simply said because I am getting a new phone.. that my data would HAVE to change. BS! I know several people who were grandfathered into the data plan I had and they were able to keep it.

0 Likes
Re: Proposed Solutions to the Mandatory Data Issue
JWDragair
Novice

I beg your pardon, you concerns are valid to a point but what does any of this have to do with the title "Proposed Solutions to Mandatory Data". The only "solution" is change carriers which, again i beg your pardon, is not a real solution. Beside T-Mobile costs less for a reason, if they had service that was worth anything they'd charge more for it.

0 Likes