Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puerto Rico coverage suggestions?
ned4spd8875

Apparently Puerto Rico is considered a foreign country because the verizon rep I spoke said that I would have to pay for international coverage and also I'd be roaming! WTF?

I'm going to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks for a wedding. I will only be there about 4 days or so total. I would like to be able to make and receive calls down there. Checking emails as well as texting or sending photos to friends via text or facebook.

Like I said, the vzw rep made it sound like I would have to pay roaming fees and also pay for texting and just about every other thing that I would be doing down there.

What gives? Any suggestions on the best and cheapest way to be able to use my phone while I'm down there? I can do without sending photos; although I guess I'll have to disable G+ from uploading them automatically. At the very least I'd like to be able to call and also text.

I'm going with my fiancee and it would be nice if I could call or text her when we're separated so we can find each other or setup a time to meet up for dinner or what not.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
Re: Puerto Rico coverage suggestions?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

,69 cents a minute is what the VZW website states. Texting will not incur any add'l charges.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello ned4spd8875. Congrats on going to Puerto Rico! It's one of my favorite travel destinations in the world! To gain a better understanding of what services are available to you, may I ask what make and model device do you have? All of our Verizon Wireless feature phones and smartphones works in Puerto Rico. As budone stated, it's $0.69 per minute for voice calls and text messaging is billed at the standard rate. If you have unlimited texting then there isn't any additional cost to text your fiancee, assuming that she has Verizon Wireless also. If you have a smartphone then you can look into the app store or market for 3rd party apps that works over wi-fi to reduce the cost of voice and data services. I hope that you have a great time on your trip! ^AH

0 Likes
jeanw1000

iphone 5

0 Likes