Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Question about cancelling an account...
illustrious

My father recently passed away. He was/is the account holder for the cellphone plan that includes my phone. I've seen at least one post from a Verizon employee stating that I am able to cancel his contract early without early termination fees (provided I have something like a copy of a death certificate, which I do).

Question 1 - is this true?

Question 2 - If I cancel a contract in this manner, is there anything that stops me from signing a  new contract with Verizon? I like the service, but the plan is too expensive the way it is now and I would choose one that costs much less for just me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Question about cancelling an account...
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings illustrious. I too am very sorry for your loss. I want to thank the community for assisting you with this concern. I can also help! If you have not yet gotten his matter resolved, please send me a personal message through the forum. I will need to have your full name, your father's full name, and one of the mobile numbers on the account. Thanks again!

0 Likes