Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Mandatory Data Plan - Idea To Hit VZ Where It Hurt$
Coconutluvr

I am a college student who cannot afford a data plan atm. However, I do not want to be walking around with a phone that looks like it was made in the 18th century (sarcasm). I used to have a lg chocolate, which was cute, cool, and enabled me to txt ( as a college student that is pretty much all i use my phone for). Now, due to corporate greed, a poor college student can't even look chic and is probably going to get arthritis soon because I am forced to cramp my fingers together on a tiny keyboard that all the non-data phones have.

<Branched to a new discussion due to age of original thread.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, college is a time when MOST people have to make sacrifices such as their fashion wardrobe budget.

Fortunately, if you study hard, you will be able to afford that data plan in the future and that keyboard which is maybe 0.5 inches larger on those chic phones.

Unfortunately, that larger keyboard will most likely give you just as big a chance of getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome as the keyboards available on the current crop of basic phones. After all, one of the biggest causes of CPS is typing on a full size computer keyboard which is 5-10 times larger than any of the keyboards on those chic phones you would like to have. It is not the size of the keyboard which is the culprit, but the repetitive motion needed to perform your task.

Good luck with your studies, and be careful walking and texting.

Not applicable

So what's your grand idea?

AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

we didn't have cell phones when i was in college (and this was not THAT long ago). they were luxuries. they still are luxuries. people "think" they are necessary, but there are still form of communication besides texting. if you are really that concerned with it, then get on ebay and buy an envy touch brand new for about $100. sure, it's old.....and STILL the best basic phone they ever made. or....put a few more hours in each week at work and get a smartphone. it's only $8 more per week. that's 1-2 more hours at work.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

corp greed? really? its called busineess.  take an economics course or something and learn.

anyway.  we cant always have what we want.  if you want a better phone, work for it.  take apart time job, ect.

is the youth of today really this self centered?

lewisr13
Leader

6 of my kids are doing just fine with basic phones. If you're worried about what everyone else thinks about your phone, you've got a lot bigger issues to tackle.

0 Likes
gina7239

Call *611 and see if there are phones that ate certified like new without contract.

0 Likes