Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remove a line and price per line goes up?
heidi67401

I had four lines on my unlimited bill that I paid $45.00 a line for. Today I removed one of the lines that I no longer need thinking I would be saving $45.00 a month, yeah!! Oh no. The price per line jumped from $45.00 to $55.00 so by removing a line I am only saving $15.00? I thought that it was $45.00 per line access no matter how many lines you had. Makes no since. My contract is up in two months and I beleive I will be shopping for another carrier. 

Re: Remove a line and price per line goes up?
UpstateWinds
Novice

The more lines on the account, the less you pay per line, so by removing a line, the price per line went up.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This is not news. This has been the way ever since they re-introduced unlimited data.

The price per line drops for each line you add up to 5 lines.

Make sure you read the fine print on the other carriers as they have the same policy with the cost per line being lower when you have more lines.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

@heidi67401 wrote:

I had four lines on my unlimited bill that I paid $45.00 a line for. Today I removed one of the lines that I no longer need thinking I would be saving $45.00 a month, yeah!! Oh no. The price per line jumped from $45.00 to $55.00 so by removing a line I am only saving $15.00? I thought that it was $45.00 per line access no matter how many lines you had. Makes no since. My contract is up in two months and I beleive I will be shopping for another carrier. 

Good luck with that, other carrier unlimited plans do the same. Where do you think Verizon took the idea from? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

heidi67401, the last thing we would ever want if for you to leave the Verizon family. As a consumer, I know how vital it is for you to know how the cost of your plans is affected by the number of lines you have.  

This link provides the cost of the unlimited plans we offer based on the number of lines you select. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/         

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is correct, we appreciate the answer UpstateWinds. Please let us know if there are any further questions we can answer.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tigerstep, we would love to take a look at your account to make sure you are on the right plan. Please provide a number so we can contact you. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tigerstep We would be heartbroken if you left us . The more you get with anything the more you save. We can definitely review your account. We sent you a Private Message in this forum. Please look for it. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes