Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Removing 2 of 5 lines from Family Plan
jennylaine

I have done some searching and cannot find an answer to this particular question.  We currently have 5 family members on our Family Share Plan.  We would like to remove 2 of the numbers.  I believe they will want to transfer to their own Family Plan.  Can we do this without paying a ETF?  Do we need to wait until the contract dates are up on those two lines?  What will they need to do to set up their own account?

Thank you so much.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Removing 2 of 5 lines from Family Plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Sounds like you would want to do an Assumption of Liability (AOL).

Here is a link to some information about it.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Account%20Management/faq_billing.html?grp=3&faq=2

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Removing 2 of 5 lines from Family Plan
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If they are moving to their own plan (family or otherwise) and maintaining their Verizon service, there is no ETF, just a transfer of liability (Assumption Liability).  The new account owner(s) will need a credit check, and possibly a deposit to open their account.

If they are leaving Verizon for another carrier, then the ETF will apply if the contract on their line is not fulfilled.  If their lines are out of contract, and on a month to month basis, there will be no ETF.

0 Likes