Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Stratosphere Hotspot connection problems
seekinganswers

Both my phone Hotspot and my laptop say I'm connected.  However, when I try to open IE I get a message that reads "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I also cannot download email into Outlook.  The connection is strong with 4 bars but it says limited connection.  I've tried to connect to the Hotspot both at home and at work with the same result.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Hotspot connection problems
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello seekinganswers! I like your username! I'm here to help you find answers to your hotspot connection concerns. First, I need to know something from you. The hotspot you're connecting to... is it a Verizon Wireless hotspot or provided by another carrier? If it is Verizon Wireless, do you know what model you have? If you're not sure, I can find out. Just reply to this thread or send me a personal message. Thanks!

0 Likes
bmodracer

I just subscribed to mobile hotspot yesterday on my Samgung Stratosphere and I am having this same problem.

0 Likes
fatherjoe

I have the exact same problem and no answers my jetpack is verizon on verizon service, my hotspot is 890L

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Fatherjoe, I can certainly assist so that we find some answers to this issue! To clarify, is your device showing connected but no internet connection? What operating system is your computer? Are you using VZ Access Manager or your wifi connection? Do you receive any error messages? Verify your VZ Access Manager is updated. Go to vzam.net to update your version.

Let me know if you continue having issues.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
averyhorton

I am having problems, too.

I have 4 or 5 bars.  I am in a 3G area on the southern Oregon coast.

When it works, it works great but it sometimes just stops working.

I think the problem is all the apps that start running when the phone starts.  Before each HotSpot session, I restart my phone, then I run Task Manager and clear memory.  Usually kills 8 - 10 apps.  I didn't ask for these apps to run.  Sometimes, after clearing memory, there is less that 200 MB used. 

After I connect, I watch the Windows Task Manager (Windows 7) and the Wireless Network Connection Status so I can see if I am connected and watch how much data is being sent/received.  The computer says it's connected, the phone says it's connected but my browsers are frozen.  I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome... but the problem persists. 

The ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THIS PHONE WAS TO USE THE HOTSPOT FEATURE.  But, once again, the phone is loaded with apps (CRAP) I don't want and it is degrading the performance.  I even had one Verizon agent try to tell me these apps don't degrade the performance, well, my B.S. in Computer Science lets me know otherwise.  They can't pull the wool over my eyes.   Somewhere, there has to be someone who knows EXACTLY what the problem and solution is and won't waste my time telling me to restart my phone.  It IS a software issue because if it were hardware, it wouldn't work in the first place.  So, how about it Verizon, can we get some real help here?

0 Likes