Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seriously confused about broadband plans..wifi hotspot???
lltruc

Ok...so for 2 years I've been pretty happy with my Droid (original).  I have also used a broadband access card.  I finally decided that I would like to upgrade to a phone that can be used as a wifi hotspot so I can get rid of the card but I am getting a lot of conflicting information from the website about data plans.

In one spot I found that you get a regular data plan (2g, 5g, 10g) and pay $20 extra for the wifi hotspot feature.  In another spot I found different plans that say they include the wifi hotspot feature (4g for $50).  What really do I need to do to have data for my phone as well as data for the wifi hotspot feature that is available on my new phone???? I just wish the information on the website was all the same.  Someone please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Seriously confused about broadband plans..wifi hotspot???
Not applicable
That's correct. First, you have to choose a data plan for your smartphone. You can choose 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50, or 10GB for $80. Then, you can add a hotspot data plan of 2GB for $20.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lltruc

For the sake of reference - this is where it says there is a  plan that is 4g for $50

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/explore/?page=data

Ok wait - I think I may have gotten this figured out.  You do pay $20 extra, but with that you get an additional 2g of data....is that correct??

0 Likes
Not applicable
That's correct. First, you have to choose a data plan for your smartphone. You can choose 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50, or 10GB for $80. Then, you can add a hotspot data plan of 2GB for $20.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lltruc

Thank you :smileyhappy:

0 Likes