Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share Everything Plans and Corporate Discounts
tsheley

I currently get a 22% Corporate Discount on my plan.  How will that work with the Share Everything Plans?

I would want the 2GB a month shared data.  So that would be...

iPhone - $40

iPhone - $40

Basic Phone - $30

Data - $60

How would the 22% discount be applied?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Share Everything Plans and Corporate Discounts
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I would think (Just guessing) the Main phone and data would be discounted only. That is based on the current way most discounts occur.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

They might restrict the minimum data plan you can apply a corporate discount to. They already do with the tiered data plans.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/06/pr2012-06-11e.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sparkie31884

Found this they apply it to the plan cost not the access cost  so in ur case the $60 portion see the link below for further details

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/verizon-share-everything-data-plans-applying-corporate-discount...

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

Sparkie31884 wrote:

Found this they apply it to the plan cost not the access cost  so in ur case the $60 portion see the link below for further details

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/verizon-share-everything-data-plans-applying-corporate-discount...

The way I read that was, that it was the explanation of employee liable accounts for Small Businesses(SMB), not for consumer pricing. The interesting thing I read in that document refered to "Customers on the Share Everything 700 Minute plan" hmmmmm

0 Likes
PJNC284

Employee liable accounts are just personal accounts that are paid for by the employee.  So you'd be considered employee liable if you have plan and are using a corporate discount.

0 Likes
gina7239

We're going to get discount off data only. No discount off mins /text since both unlimited. All unlimited plans in the past never got discount.

0 Likes
gb2012

Confirmed above. Discount will be applied to the shared data plan only

0 Likes
BDA
Novice

I chatted with a Verizon Rep awhile ago about the discounts and was told they would apply to the primary line and the Data package. But I just went through the process on the website and it did not give me the discount on my primary line only the data plan. I canceled that process before completing, going to be $35 more per month.  $35 x 20 (months for upgrades) is paying for a new phone any way. Might as well bite the bullet and just buy a phone unsubsidized and not change the plan and have all the data I want.

The part that irritates me is I have two basic or feature phones that are only used for phone calls. So I will be forced to pay for texting that will not be used. The access fee goes from $9.99 to $30 we never use more than about 400 minutes per month between 4 phones (2 smart and 2 basic) and we have a $5 and a $10 texting plan on the smart phones. I hope this turns into an issue for Verizon just like the changes Netflix thought would be good too and cost them like 50% of their stock worth and cost them a bunch of customers. The more I think about it the more I think I'll be moving my business to another carrier. Granted Verizon has the best coverage in my area but with the economy being down and slow to recover seems unreasonable for them to institute these type of things at this time. Corporate Greed at its best.

0 Likes
satipler

I would have switched to the Share Everything plan for my family if my 20% discount could be taken off the total rather than just the plan.  But the way they do it, for the amount of data we'd likely need, it would cost me an extra SIXTY DOLLARS a month!  That's crazy.  Not doing it.  So much for anticipation, I was looking forward to this so my husband would stop asking me to look stuff up on my phone, he could have done it on his.  Oh well, I'll just stay with the plan I have.