Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share everything plan not for everyone
mortb

I have a family plan with two smartphones. Took out the old slide rule and did some calculations. Next I went to one of my local Verizon stores where one of the associates check on the share everything plan. My data came out where I'd be paying $20 more a month. Guess what. The person who helped me came to the same conclusion. Twenty dollars more a month for the share everything plan. Nah! I think I'll pass. I was interested in the texting bit. I don't text, but I do get messages on occasion. At twenty cents per message, I think I can afford not to go on the Share plan. Moral of this story, do your homework before you jump into the pool (or something like that)

0 Likes
Re: Share everything plan not for everyone
B33
Sr. Leader

Might Be a Allagator in Thar Pool b33

0 Likes
satipler

If I'd gone with the share everything plan, I would have upgraded the 2 non-smart phones to smart ones, gone with a 4GB plan and my cost jumped SIXTY dollars a month!  AND our corporate discount amount decreased.  I don't plan on making the switch anytime soon.  Verizon is crazy if you ask me.

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Novice

40 + 40 + 70 = 150... so you're paying $90.00 right now for 2 basic phones?

So you have 700 minutes with no extra features with 2 basic phones, gotcha.

0 Likes
FamilyOFair

I am in a similar situation and I do see your point.  We have two Basic phones and would like to switch these to Smart phones but the cost is too much in either plan.  Its not just about an apples-apples comparison; its can you afford the apple and all the associated fees in the first place.

0 Likes
wkdwarrior

My partner and I have the Samsung Charge Droid, We both use 7-8 hundred mins and texting is a constant event. Between the 2 of us our data usage is huge.and I wont even get into all the apps used.. The Share Everything Plan runs $150, for me it's a deal. However, I understand for those who use their cell in moderation the promotion would be way out of sight. My partner and I are physically attached to our Droids, it's an addiction that is in desperate need of rehab with a 12 step program   We love the phone and even are used to having to charge it every night and carry a data cable during the work day just in case the battery runs low.

wkdwarrior

0 Likes
jen40

I havent researched the details yet and have taken the reps word for it when he said it would save me money. My last bill was over $600 and recent one with the share plan is little over $300 so its working for me. Those who have overage problems and multiple lines are probably ones who will benefit from this..

0 Likes