Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Signal Degradation
QrossPhyre

Hi, I've lived in this area for seven years and have been pleased with Verizon and the signal quality on a variety of phones, however I believe around February the signal strength has been declining rapidly. It's now to the point where I can barely get enough signal strength to send a text message, let alone the 2-3 bars of 3G signal I had before.

I'm using a GS3 and my wife has an Incredible 2. Everyone in the area, regardless of their phone has this same problem.

I live southeast of zip 67452. What can be done to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Signal Degradation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to enjoy your service as much as possible QrossPhyre! We're not reporting known issues in that zip; however, I do see the area is surrounded by extended network with limited tower placement. Our control may be limited in this type of location. Are your difficulties mainly limited to inside your home or workplace? Do you power cycle your devices daily? Have you brought these concerns to our attention before? How are your phones working in other areas or zip codes? We tune our towers to cover as wide of an area as possible. If adjustments are made, certain homes, streets or neighborhoods can be affected.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
QrossPhyre

It doesn't matter whether I'm inside or outside. It used to help going out side, but that doesn't make a difference anymore. I do cycle my devices, and they do work well in other locations so that isn't a concern. I haven't mentioned this to you before. Hopefully something can be done to make a difference and restore the signal strength we used to have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@QrossPhyre

Thanks for the additional information!  Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify required future enhancements.  In the meantime, I would like to recommend use of a Network Extender http://bit.ly/AKkC.  This device will greatly improve indoor 3G coverage.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes