Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smartphone plan requirements-Newbie!
glittergirljo

Hello, I currently have a regular old boring cell phone with Sprint.

Am shopping around for pricing and my first smartphone (considering the Verizon HTC Trophy). 

Anyhoo, because I have never had a smartphone, I am confused about what plan(s) I have to buy to make it do all the fun things I want...i.e., unlimited texting, and internet.   What exactly do I have to purchase?

The last thing I want is to end up paying over $100 a month because I didnt understand what I was getting myself into.

(Note:  Will only have a single line)

0 Likes
Re: Smartphone plan requirements-Newbie!
Not applicable
Click on Plans above. The pricing plans are clearly listed. If you want unlimited minutes, it will cost you about $70 plus $20 for texting and $30 for 2GB (very limited) of data. Total is around $130 with taxes and fees, maybe more.
0 Likes
glittergirljo

Yikes.

Thank you.  Assuming I dont get voice (I dont want or need it), maybe I can get away with $20 for unlimited messaging, and $50 for 5GB of data.

Just unsure what kind of GB's I will need..I may create a monster by purchasing a smartphone for myself, LOL.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish

You can't get a smartphone without voice unless you have proof that you are deaf or hearing impaired.

0 Likes
glittergirljo

Guess I wont be switching to Verizon.

I hate talking on the phone and only use text/email to communicate.

0 Likes
Not applicable
In that case you can get 450 minutes for $40 plus $20 for unlimited texting and $30 for data for a total of around $100 including taxes and fees. Or maybe a tablet of some sort.
0 Likes