Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stop other lines from accepting charges
urtzy

My son was recently on an overseas trip and when he reached his data allotment, Verizon was nice enough to ask him if he'd like to keep going for $10/day. Of course, my 12 year old said yes and my bill showed-up this month with $30 of added charges I did not authorize. Is there a way to have all of these notifications sent to the primary account (the person responsible for paying) and NOT the line using the data (my kid)? If not, is there a way to prohibit lines from accepting services that add cost? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Stop other lines from accepting charges
bearone21
Leader

you allow him to use the phone, & trust....knowing he's going oversea but make it sound like he isn't worth $30 phone overages.

setup %'s of data left in alerts.

0 Likes
Re: Stop other lines from accepting charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

urtzy, we get the need for limiting any type of unwanted international charges going forward. These charges would be valid if an existing family member on the account is accepting the charges. Although there isn't a way to block international travel altogether, you can edit your alert preferences at the link attached under Question #4. Let us know if you needed anything else. http://spr.ly/6606EIQHs

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes