Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Switch primary and secondary numbers at upgrade of Family Plan
gb1xyl1

I am eligible for the 20 month upgrade discount on my BB Bold on my primary line. My wife's BB on the secondary line has no uograde. I want to keep my phone and number but get her an iPhone at the $199.99 discount price while keeping her number. How can I do this? Tnx.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Switch primary and secondary numbers at upgrade of Family Plan
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What you will do is purchase the iPhone using your discount, but activate it on HER line instead.  Your contract will be renewed, but you can use the phone on any line on your account.

The tricky part would be that normally it needs to be activated on the eligible line first, but the iPhone wipes out the voicemail and is set up differently than a "regular" smartphone - I'd see if customer service can activate it directly to your wife's line without having to get yours involved at all, rather than risk messing up YOUR bB configuration and settings.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What you will do is purchase the iPhone using your discount, but activate it on HER line instead.  Your contract will be renewed, but you can use the phone on any line on your account.

The tricky part would be that normally it needs to be activated on the eligible line first, but the iPhone wipes out the voicemail and is set up differently than a "regular" smartphone - I'd see if customer service can activate it directly to your wife's line without having to get yours involved at all, rather than risk messing up YOUR bB configuration and settings.

View solution in original post

gb1xyl1

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very helpful!

0 Likes