Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Switching Plans???? Help
Boxer1

Hello all-

My wife is currently still on her father plan....she had an upgrade but she is waiting to see if a new iphone comes out....anyways her dad decided he wanted a new phone so he went and used her upgrade(the account is in his name)

Anyways.....my mom and I our on a family plan is there any way I can just addd her to my plan as a 3rd line? if so will that give her the option of getting a new phone???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Switching Plans???? Help
DbG2514
Novice

lol... But yea, you can add her as a third line, just try and get her to hold out a little longer and see when the iPhone 5 comes out and when it does, add the third line and get a new number and she can just use that line and tell her father that she is on your plan now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DbG2514
Novice

yes, but she will have to get a new mobile number and leave her old one on her fathers plan and stick him with paying her monthly rate since he used her upgrade without even asking if she was planning on getting a new phone or leaving his account. That's kind of rude if you ask me! (laughing)

But I would wait and switch her when the new iPhone does come out so she can actually get the new iPhone at the discounted pricing.

0 Likes
Boxer1

Oh I know..It's really rude especially since he's known that her black berry pearl has been messed up for a while all to know that he cancelled the insurance on the phone...(but what can you do; its the inlaws!) lol!!!:smileywink:

0 Likes
DbG2514
Novice

lol... But yea, you can add her as a third line, just try and get her to hold out a little longer and see when the iPhone 5 comes out and when it does, add the third line and get a new number and she can just use that line and tell her father that she is on your plan now.

0 Likes
Not applicable
You and your wife need your own plan. Put your mom on her dad's plan.
0 Likes