Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taxes on each line & data on a Share Everything Plan?
GoingRogue

Sorry for the long post, I've searched but can't find any specifics on how taxes are assessed on individual parts within the Share Everything plan.

I currently have a 3 year old Nationwide Connect Share 700 plan 2 iPhones with 2GB data each (upgraded a few months ago from multimedia phones), 2 multimedia phones with unlimited data and 1 feature phone with no data.  I also have an 17% discount on the primary line.  I'm planning on upgrading one of the multimedia phones phones to the iPhone 5 on as soon as I can get a hold of one after Friday. 

I'm trying to figure out how the taxes will be calculated if we switch to the Share Everything plan because I'll lose my unlimited data with the iPhone 5 and I'm trying to weigh all my options.  My current breakdown is as follows:

Primary Line:  $100.00 - 17%  = $83.00 + $11.16 taxes/fees.                         Total:  $94.16

Line 2 (iPhone 4S): Additional Line: $9.99 + $30.00 Data + 3.22 taxes/fees.       Total:  $43.21

Line 3 (iPhone 4S): Additional Line: $9.99 + $30.00 Data + 3.22 taxes/fees.       Total:  $43.21

Line 4 (Multimedia Phone): Additional Line: $9.99 + $10.00 UNL Data + $3.22 taxes/fees.       Total:  $23.21

Line 5 (Feature Phone - no data): Additional Line: $9.99  + $3.22 taxes/fees.       Total:  $13.21

Grand Total with all taxes:  $217.00.

When Line 4 is upgraded to the iPhone 5, that will increase the total bill by exactly $20.00 because of the required data package, or $237.00. 

Moving to the Share Everything Plan would look like this after the iPhone 5 is added to Line 4:

Line 1:  $30.00 + Taxes ??

Line 2:  $40.00 + Taxes ??

Line 3:  $40.00 + Taxes ??

Line 4:  $40.00 + Taxes ??

Line 5:  $30.00 + Taxes ??

2GB Data - %17 Discount, $60.00 - $10.20 = $49.80  (2GB will likely be enough because wifi available everywhere our phones go)

The total bill under Share Everything would be $229.80 plus the applicable taxes on each line.  Does anyone know how the taxes will be calculated on each line?  I'm in Nebraska if that helps with the calcuation.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Taxes on each line & data on a Share Everything Plan?
fergieg
Novice

Taxes and fees rate is exactly the same on both plans.

Also, you forgot to add the taxes on the additional $20 on line 4, which will make the total more than $237. Look at it this way, before taxes and fees, your total on the old plan is $213, new plan it is $229. Unless, UNL talk is important, I would stay with the old plan since you will get 6GB (not combined, 3 2GBs) versus just 2GB for all.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

fergieg wrote:

Taxes and fees rate is exactly the same on both plans.

Also, you forgot to add the taxes on the additional $20 on line 4, which will make the total more than $237.

There are no taxes (or fees) on data. At least that is the case in Michigan and in Nebraska.

0 Likes
GoingRogue

Yes - we were pleasantly surprised that the taxes did not increase when we added the data packages for the two iPhone 4s lines earlier this year.  I guess that's one tax we don't pay in Nebraska .

I agree with fergieg - we will stick with what we have now because is cheaper and the larger data allowance per line.  Unlimited talk is completely worthless for us......we haven't broken 300 minutes in any month for the entire family in the last 3+ years.

Thanks!

0 Likes
LAmom12

Yes, stay with your old plan.  Do not go to the Share Everything.  It is a HUGE rip-off.  We let the sales person in the store talk us into it when we got my son's iPhone a few months ago.  He said it would save us money.  He was WRONG.  It costs us an additional $40+ per year and we have less data.  The taxes do go up as well.  My taxes/fees are now 1.76/month/line for the Verizon Surcharges and $5.08/line/month for Taxes and Gov't Surcharges.  Without the increases in these items my overall bill would have increase somewhere in the neighborhood of $18/year.  Either way you look at it this new Share Everything only benefits one party, and that's VERIZON.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

$40 a year? That IS a huge rip-off.

0 Likes