Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tethering on iPhone 4s - Separate or Combined Data Cap
Ted_T

I'm planning to make the switch from AT&T to Verizon with an upcoming upgrade to the iPhone 4S. I'm confused about exactly how the data cap applies to tethering, however. Let's say I want the 2GB data plan that, with tethering added, gets bumped up to a 4GB cap. In the past, I think that Verizon's data caps have applied separately - 2GB for phone data and 2GB for tethered data. But I can't find any reference to the split caps now on the Verizon site, and there's even one mention of "sharing" on the site that would indicate that if I spring for the 4GB plan, I can use that 4GB for phone and tethering, in any combination. Help, please. TIA.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Tethering on iPhone 4s - Separate or Combined Data Cap
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great news! I can't wait till your our customer. You'll love our Network its the best!

You are correct in the past it was split with set GB for each. New plans don't distinguish so if you chose the 4GB with the hotspot you could use the Gigabytes with your laptop or any wireless device or on the smartphone. Here's a link to see all our data plans.

Enjoy the iphone 4s

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great news! I can't wait till your our customer. You'll love our Network its the best!

You are correct in the past it was split with set GB for each. New plans don't distinguish so if you chose the 4GB with the hotspot you could use the Gigabytes with your laptop or any wireless device or on the smartphone. Here's a link to see all our data plans.

Enjoy the iphone 4s

Thank you

0 Likes
Ted_T

That IS great news, Joel. The change makes a lot of sense, to Verizon's credit. Based on what I know about the "competition's" rate plan for tethering, this change by Verizon makes Verizon the clear best choice for those of us who want to tether with the iPhone 4s.

Now, can you help me cut my early termination fee with the "competition"? j

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Ted_T,

I'm glad everything is looking good for you!  VZW does offer an amazing trade in program, in which you can trade your current device in and money will be given to you for the trade.  You can use this money to assist with your early termination fee with your current carrier.   Find out more on the trade in program by clicking here  .  You may also look into any other 3rd party sites that you may come across in which you can sell your device to assist with the fee.  Although I can not assist with your fee directly I hope one of the above two options can assist you indirectly.  We would love to have you as a customer and when you are ready you can join the VZW family by clicking here .  Thank you.  

0 Likes